FAI Hip Surgery

Accupuncture, Reiki, Cognitive Behavourial Therapy, Prolotheraphy, Radio Frequency, Hypnotherapy, Osteopathy and many more.
Buttercup28

FAI Hip Surgery

Post by Buttercup28 »

Hi,

Has anyone had success/failure from getting their hip impingment fixed via surgery? I am being told that I would be a great candidate for the FAI surgery where the doctor would remove the boney growths on my hip socket, repair my labrum, and lengthen my psoas tendon with the hopes of resolving my pudendal neuralgia, vulvodynia, and bladder/bowel symptoms. I would like to know both the good and the bad from people who have had the surgery so I can weight my options.

Thanks in advance!!!

:)
Sudden pelvic pain onset that landed me in the ER 2x -- diagnosed with severe pelvic floor dysfunction and suspected IC. Diagnosed with pudendal neuralgia via MRI and EMG and hip impingement/labral tear on CTscan. Ran the gamut with tests, treatments, procedures, injections, drugs, etc. since then. Still on the quest for answers....
Violet M

Re: FAI Hip Surgery

Post by Violet M »

There were some gals who posted awhile back -- Lernica was one of them. I think the other was Beverly?? You could do a search on their posts. Good luck with your surgery if you have it.

Violet
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.
Buttercup28

Post by Buttercup28 »

Thanks Violet! I will search through their old posts.

~ B
Last edited by Buttercup28 on Tue Apr 18, 2017 12:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sudden pelvic pain onset that landed me in the ER 2x -- diagnosed with severe pelvic floor dysfunction and suspected IC. Diagnosed with pudendal neuralgia via MRI and EMG and hip impingement/labral tear on CTscan. Ran the gamut with tests, treatments, procedures, injections, drugs, etc. since then. Still on the quest for answers....
winged_cent

Post by winged_cent »

Hello there. I had left FAI hip surgery in June 2016. I am a young (29 yo) man, so my recovery was probably faster than most. It resolved the minor hip symptoms that I was feeling at the time (though my strength and flexibility is still slightly reduced on the left side), but unfortunately has been ineffective at alleviating the PN symptoms, unlike Lernica and other posters. However, aside from the annoyance of crutches for several weeks and a lot of PT, it was not a very heavy or intrusive surgery and did not make my PN symptoms worse at any time.
Buttercup28

Post by Buttercup28 »

Hi winged_cent,

Sorry to hear that the hip surgery didn't work for you. Did you have both an impingement and a labral tear or just an impingement?

Where did you have the surgery?

What are your doctors/PTs telling you to do now as a result of the hip surgery not helping?

Thanks

Return to “OTHER THERAPIES”