Has anyone seen Dr. Atashroo in IL?

Welcome to HOPE. We have tried to provide a place for newcomers to make their introductions. We will try our best to make you welcome and guide you through our website and Forum and assist you as best as we can through any questions you have regarding Pudendal Neuralgia.
Melly

Has anyone seen Dr. Atashroo in IL?

Post by Melly »

Hello. Just wondering if anyone has seen this Dr. I am making an appointment today.

Melly
Violet M

Re: Has anyone seen Dr. Atashroo in IL?

Post by Violet M »

I haven't seen her but she trained under Dr. Hibner who is very experienced and has an excellent reputation, so that is promising.

Violet
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.
Melly

Post by Melly »

I am so happy to have found a Dr. close by. Even if it's not PN, I need to figure this out. Did your pain get worse toward the evening? Did the pain get worse as time passed?
Violet M

Post by Violet M »

It did get worse toward the evening and yes, it got worse as time went by. Eventually it sort of plateaued though and didn't get worse after that.

Violet
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.
Melly

Post by Melly »

I saw Dr. Astashoo today. She was great. Spent a lot of time with me. She doesn't think it's pudendal nerve and is sending me to PT for pelvic floor therapy. She said the same symptoms can be so many things and that I need to quit googling it because I had a few anxiety attacks over the weekend and took clonazapam to get me through. Today I've had no symptons and she did a thorough check externally and internally. I think me being a nervous crazy person intensified things. Hopefully the PT will help (and she said I need to quit my HIT exercise program. I'll keep everyone posted. Sometimes anxiety can make you think the worst. Stay calm and one thing at a time. Thank you to Violet who is a huge asset to this page and for encouraging me to see the Dr before diagnosing myself
Andy_Pablo

Post by Andy_Pablo »

Hopefully you can get things under control as you move forward. Good luck..
Credula vitam spes fovet et melius cras fore semper dicit...
Melly

Post by Melly »

Andy
Thank you! You've been a great asset to this site. Hope you can soon be pain free.
Violet M

Post by Violet M »

Hi Melly,

Glad to hear that you may not have PN and hopefully you will be able to get things under control with some PT. Were you able to find someone within reasonable traveling distance?

Violet
Melly

Post by Melly »

The distance for pelvic PT is 45 minute drive but I'm willing to do what it takes to be pain free. Do you think pelvic floor dysfunction can cause underwear to be bothersome?
Violet M

Post by Violet M »

I think so because if you have pelvic floor dysfunction with muscles that are tense and in spasm, the pudendal nerve running between those muscles can be irritated by the tense muscles and that can cause you to be hypersensitive to underwear.

Violet

Return to “WELCOME CENTER”