Valium Suppositories/other remedies

Welcome to HOPE. We have tried to provide a place for newcomers to make their introductions. We will try our best to make you welcome and guide you through our website and Forum and assist you as best as we can through any questions you have regarding Pudendal Neuralgia.
waterfall

Valium Suppositories/other remedies

Post by waterfall »

I'm new to this board (only one other post. In short I'm waiting for a diagnostic lidocaine injection to the pedestal - I think vaginally. I''ll be in OR for this and uno gyn and interventional radiologist at Hopkins performing it. They say if successful then we can see about Botox injections etc. I am praying this will provide some relief as the pain is now incapacitating.

I wanted to see if others were prescribed Valium suppositories from compound pharmacies and how they worked for them and where the insertion point? I got some to use vaginally but once I used it anally as well and it really did relax things a lot and I added topical lidocaine. I probably should have check with the dr first but I was really in severe discomfort. I just wish it lasted a bit longer and addressed urethral pain as well.

I don't know what to do about this pain in the urethra. Again I need to ask my urogyn but at the moment I'm just counting down three weeks till surgery and managing with what I have. I use ice packs and sometimes heat on my lower back or front.

Any other suggestions are welcomed or comments about the methods I'm using much appreciated!
waterfall
44 yr old female
endo, IC, PN
Baltimore, Maryland US
Violet M

Re: Valium Suppositories/other remedies

Post by Violet M »

I've heard of people using valium rectally or vaginally. You could check with the pharmacist on what the delivery method is supposed to be for what your prescription is.

Sometimes tricyclic antidepressants such as amitriptyline help with urethral symptoms. If you have frequency, SSRI antidepressants such as lexapro might help. Have you tried lyrica yet?

Violet
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.
waterfall

Post by waterfall »

Hi Violet,

Thanks for your response.

I am on other SSRI/SNRI for depression so I can't add that, however I have tried it in the past without it working.

23 days till my diagnostic nerve block.. and counting.

I don't know how I'm going to make it. I can't walk without severe burning.
waterfall
44 yr old female
endo, IC, PN
Baltimore, Maryland US
Patty

Post by Patty »

At the height of my pain I used both vaginally and rectally at the same time. Again takes the edge off only. If anybody finds a way to be 100% pain free let me know.
waterfall

Post by waterfall »

Patty:

Thanks for the reply. That is exactly what I am doing currently. I have a call into my urogyn to see if she can prescribe 2 daily so I can keep doing so if I need to.

Thanks,
waterfall
44 yr old female
endo, IC, PN
Baltimore, Maryland US

Return to “WELCOME CENTER”