PN block gone way wrong

Welcome to HOPE. We have tried to provide a place for newcomers to make their introductions. We will try our best to make you welcome and guide you through our website and Forum and assist you as best as we can through any questions you have regarding Pudendal Neuralgia.
Violet M

Re: PN block gone way wrong

Post by Violet M »

Marianne, an intravaginal block is completely different than an image guided nerve block. If you are having an image guided nerve block they may need the OR in order to have access to the image guidance.

Violet
Last edited by Violet M on Fri Apr 15, 2016 2:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.
nonsequitur

Post by nonsequitur »

Marianne,

Yes I had a catastrophic experience with Botox. I had a bad reaction to it and my case is not isolated. The pain I experienced after PNE surgery was nothing in comparison to what I endured with Botox. I became mildly incontinent for a few weeks.
“Unexpressed emotions will never die. They are buried alive and will come forth later in uglier ways.”
S.Freud
wannagetbetter

Post by wannagetbetter »

Non sequitur - I would like to know if you think that numbness (absence of sensation) and urinary retention can be mind body? Before the numbness and retention I had burning and frequency. If it's mind body why would I have numbness (and retention)?
nonsequitur

Post by nonsequitur »

Hi wannagetbetter, I cannot diagnose you of course but are you sure you don't have a UTI?

All I can tell you is that a mindbody syndrome can morph into any form. It is within the control of the limbic system, the endocrine system, and the autonomic nervous system. It can be IBS, pain of course, constantly elevated heart rate, constant fever etc. Sarno says that up to 95% of chronic pain cases are mindbody syndromes. Again, I have no way to judge.

My pain was absolutely real. 12 years of suffering. I was looking all along for something to "fix". I never suffered from depression or anxiety. But it is only when I turned away from looking for a physical explanation that I got better.

I'll ask you a few questions:

Do your symptoms vanish or are greatly reduced when you have a strong distraction (ex:international trip) or experience a very strong emotion (ex: learn of bad/good news)?
Do your symptoms go away sometimes randomly for no good reason and come back?

Also can you answer the following questions:
1. During or shortly prior to the onset of pain/symptoms, were you experiencing unusually high levels of stress?
2. Was the pain triggered by a small incident affecting the pelvic area that should have healed quickly (fall, biking, routine medical procedure etc.)?
3. Are you an anxious person or prone to obsessive thoughts (even if your public persona shows the exact opposite and you act calm and composed)?
“Unexpressed emotions will never die. They are buried alive and will come forth later in uglier ways.”
S.Freud

Return to “WELCOME CENTER”