PN block gone way wrong

Welcome to HOPE. We have tried to provide a place for newcomers to make their introductions. We will try our best to make you welcome and guide you through our website and Forum and assist you as best as we can through any questions you have regarding Pudendal Neuralgia.
MarianneB.

PN block gone way wrong

Post by MarianneB. »

Hi I am new here. I was diagnosed with PN a few weeks ago after I got a whole day pain free after my nerve block. My gyno says since the pain started sfter repetitive ladder climbing and not surgery that my nerve is not entrapped just inflamed and that repetitive blocks will fix it . The second block he started with a cysto with dilation to check for interstitial cystitis. After that he palpating my pelvic floor and he told my husband it went into spasms so he had a hard time doing the block but felt he got it in the right place. I am now post op day two and my buttock pain has been worse but what was a normal perineum is now numb on the left side all the way to and including my anus. I also cannot urinate without bearing down. I am scared and not sure what to do next. The pain has been so bad I Abe had to quit my job. Now this.
John Carter

Re: PN block gone way wrong

Post by John Carter »

i am so sorry Marianne.... I know if i say i understand u wouldnt believe me but i do.... I am at the end of my rope after a decade... being in a sadistic prison of flesh.... i am trying to explain to my sister just how i feel... posted under.. " The curse of knowing my exact cure""" cause i am denied getting fixed even though i found a cure for my specific PNE.... it is a insane existence.... if someone ever dreamed of the perfect torturous existence for criminals like Hitler or Stalin then our situations would be considered cruel and unusual torment for even them..... i am so tired... just check out the post i am about to put up if u want to see someone that truly empathizes with u////
Ray P.

Post by Ray P. »

I HAD A BAD EXPERIENCE WITH A NERVE BLOCK. I HOPE YOURS IS JUST TEMPORARY LIKE MOST OF THEM ARE. KEEP US POSTED.
nyt

Post by nyt »

Fortunately, I've had mutliple pudendal blocks without any side effects that I couldn't tolerate or didn't go away within several days. Sometimes I more numb than others and some last longer than others. Just depends on the spot they get and how much of the medication might spread. Like you, a couple of times my rectum was so numb for several days it was hard to defecate and urinate. It did wear off, just took some time.
2/07 LAVH and TOT 7/07 TOT right side removed 9/07 IL, IH and GN neuropathy 11/07 PN - Dr. Howard
6/08 Obturator neuralgia - Dr. Conway 11/08 Disability, piriformis syndrome - Dr. Howard
4/09 Bilateral obturator decompression surgery, BLL RSD - Dr. Howard
9/10 Removed left side TOT, botox, re-evaluate obturator nerve - Dr. Hibner
2/11 LFCN and saphenous neuralgia - Dr. Dellon 2/11 MRI with Dr. Potter - confirmed entrapment
5/11 Right side TG - Dr. Hibner 2012 Left side TG - Dr. Hibner
John Carter

Post by John Carter »

i have always feared that the disease would expand from "JUST" sadistic pain to strangling the nerve to where it affected motor function... I sympathize for everyone who experiences that... I dont think i could stand existing when what little pride i have left would be taken away when i lost motor function....

Connected to my case i know that i have not been able to get my cure for this disease because doctors dont want to mess with motor function... despite my 100% knowledege that the L4 in me controls no muscles that do anything i can not get the treatment i need cause no docs want to take any chance.... is infuriating... my root only controls PNE muscles that serve so purpose in the human body... insane but true....
stephanies

Post by stephanies »

Marianne B.,
How is your pain today? I suspect the negative side effects of the block will wear off over a few days to a week. There really isn't a way to tell exactly what is going on with your nerve, but hopefully you will get it calmed down. Maybe blocks are not the way to go? Since the doctor felt your pelvic floor spasm, maybe an evaluation with a pelvic PT would be a good direction to go next.

Keep us posted.
Stephanies
PN started 2004 from fall. Surgery with Filler Nov. 2006, Dr. Campbell April 2007. Pain decreased by 85% in 2008 (rectal and sitting pain resolved completely), pain returned in 12/13. Pain reduced significantly beginning around 11/23.
John Carter

Post by John Carter »

wish there was statistics on how much PT helps how many of us... I always felt PT was as much trying psychologically to convince me i could do more... never had a expert though... no pelvic floor pt experts just ordinary PTs... A massage worked better than any pt... but that was just cause it relaxed the muscles temporarily... and it is all bout muscle tension for me... that dang spinal stimulator zaped the right area but also made the muscles flex... Would like to stay asleep just cause when in deep enough the muscles are quite... mind body is true for me... since the mind controls the muscle... wish it was a conscious muscle and not one that i got no real control over..
MarianneB.

Post by MarianneB. »

Update: yes the numbness went away and I can now urinate and defecate: I still have to push to get all the urine out. I have tried 2 pelvic floor PT's in the past. Doctor Furr talked with last PT Who suggested a Botox injection to the pelvic floor muscles during the same visit as another Pedundal block. I agreed to this but asked if he could due it without anesthesia . He said he could and he would get with his office staff to schedule it for a in office procedure. The called back and gave me appt. for 13th. Now. A few days later I get a call from their office surgery schedule saying the office manager talked with the doctor and due to some insurance regulation this had to be done in the OR. I call my insurance and they know nothing. I am not happy with the money I spend on anasthesia. I have had this Pedundal nerve. Block done intravaginally by another doctor and did just fine. Has anyone else had an experience with Botox? The pain has gotten to the point I will do anything to stop it. I even got DNR papers signed so I may be able to relief .
John Carter

Post by John Carter »

i had botox done somewhere once upon a hellish time... cant remember which of the million docs did it... but they didnt hit the muscle that causes mine... did nothing... might of hurt but every day is hurt so that drop blurred into the ocean.... Every day i wake after a few hours of not sleep it feels like some bad announcer saying "WELCOME Back to the Fight" ding ding ding... Round number 3778 folks.... is about that number now....
nonsequitur

Post by nonsequitur »

mind body is true for me... since the mind controls the muscle... wish it was a conscious muscle and not one that i got no real control over..
You can indeed release the muscles controlled by your unconscious mind. There are indirect ways to do it. You need to work with your limbic system (and not fight it).

Jason posted some good links.
http://www.pudendalhope.info/forum/view ... tle#p52104

This is how I recovered:
http://www.pudendalhope.info/forum/view ... =36&t=6352

It wasn't quick and it took me 2 years of daily work to completely recover.
“Unexpressed emotions will never die. They are buried alive and will come forth later in uglier ways.”
S.Freud

Return to “WELCOME CENTER”