Trigger point injections

Many physical activites such as sports, pelvic surgery, etc can all contribute to PN
JimmieC

Trigger point injections

Post by JimmieC »

Has anyone had the trigger point injections? I have had two hip replacement sence 2012 last one was 2015, pain started
about 4 months after. I have been dealing with it for over a year. Just now found out what I have. Had first set of
Injections last week, so far has not helped.
stephanies

Re: Trigger point injections

Post by stephanies »

Hi Jimmie,

I never got any long term relief from trigger point injections. Do you know which muscles the doctor injected? Have you tried pelvic physical therapy? Your hip surgeon might be able to refer you to someone close to you for an evaluation.

Sincerely,
Stephanies
PN started 2004 from fall. Surgery with Filler Nov. 2006, Dr. Campbell April 2007. Pain decreased by 85% in 2008 (rectal and sitting pain resolved completely), pain returned in 12/13. Pain reduced significantly beginning around 11/23.
JimmieC

Post by JimmieC »

Thanks for the repli, she said she did the vaginal area and rectum. But I also have degenerative disk disease. Severe scaliosis, fibromyalgia and osteoporosis which led to the hip replacement. I have been going to a pain clinic for years for
All the other things. Thinking of going back to pain clinic, I am just confused at this point as to what to do. Female doctor
Said I may need two more sets of injections about a month apart. They are not even sure they will work.
Violet M

Post by Violet M »

Often with trigger point injections (TPI) you will see a physical therapist to work on the pelvic floor muscles right after the TPI's. Theoretically, the TPI's help lower your pain, relax the muscle, and allow the PT treatment to be more effective. I don't know what meds are in your injections. If they include steroids you might want to think twice about it because over time steroids can cause other problems. For instance, I know someone who was having steroids into their shoulder and steroids deteriorated the shoulder to the point where one of the muscles detached. So, I would ask the physician what the risks are associated with the injections. Also, people have posted on this forum that they got worse from misplaced injections that damaged nearby nerves. I just think it's important that you be informed of what the possible risks are.

Violet
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.
JimmieC

Post by JimmieC »

Thanks, I know it is steroids, she has not said anything about PT. I see her on Tuesday for follow up, I will ask more
question then. That is why I am trying to find out more about this before I go back.
greentree

Post by greentree »

JimmieC wrote:Thanks for the repli, she said she did the vaginal area and rectum. But I also have degenerative disk disease. Severe scaliosis, fibromyalgia and osteoporosis which led to the hip replacement. I have been going to a pain clinic for years for
All the other things. Thinking of going back to pain clinic, I am just confused at this point as to what to do. Female doctor
Said I may need two more sets of injections about a month apart. They are not even sure they will work.
Where exactly do you feel pain and where does it radiate?

Herniated discs, fibromyalgia, osteoporosis and scoliosis would all cause pain in the back and there are typical pain locations for every condition.

For trigger points caused by muscle knots injections may or may not work. An injection of a local anesthetic can also work. According to some studies, even dry needling may temporarily relieve the pain, but none of these are long-term solutions.
http://www.ehealthstar.com/conditions/m ... n-syndrome
JimmieC

Post by JimmieC »

Well still in pain, Doctor said no more injections because it didn't help. Just had blood work done at primary blood platelets
Are high, got to go back in 3 weeks for recheck. Has any one else had this problem? Makes me wonder if there is not
somethink else is going on.
Violet M

Post by Violet M »

Haven't heard of elevated platelet levels being associated with PN. There are lots of possible causes for elevated platelets. Hope you can get this sorted out.

Violet
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.
JimmieC

Post by JimmieC »

Thanks!

Return to “CAUSES & EFFECTS OF PUDENDAL NEURALGIA”