Tailbone

Many physical activites such as sports, pelvic surgery, etc can all contribute to PN
jaxi123

Tailbone

Post by jaxi123 »

Does anyone have a tailbone that is turned under more than normal? What treatment are you undergoing?
DoubleEdgedSword

Re: Tailbone

Post by DoubleEdgedSword »

Mine is turned under a bit & I do get pain. When it became too unbearable, I went to the doc & he injected it with Depo-Medrol. Helped right away & lasted quite awhile. I avoid sitting too long, sitting directly on my tailbone, & sitting on hard surfaces.. I also have arthritis in my lower back, & now in my neck.
On the road of discovery to see what is causing my PGAD.
jaxi123

Post by jaxi123 »

Does PNE surgery cause the Tailbone to turn under more? That's when my tailbone pain started and never stopped.
Violet M

Post by Violet M »

Jaxi, I can't say for sure if surgery caused your tailbone problems but if you look at the anatomy pictures http://www.pudendalhope.info/sites/defa ... Female.jpg
you can see how cutting the ST ligament, which many of the PNE surgeons do in the TG approach, could affect the stability of the tailbone.

Violet
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.

Return to “CAUSES & EFFECTS OF PUDENDAL NEURALGIA”