Pain pump implant today Aug.4th

This is where we will make important announcements, accept offers of helpful tips from members, and a place for questions and discussion regarding website and forum operations and procedures.
Our Code of Conduct is also viewable here.
river133

Re: Pain pump implant today Aug.4th

Post by river133 »

Violet,when you get the front page of the Beacon to come up. Just go down and click on the article, It is painting pain away,or something. I have a black n white shirt on. Hope you see it. :) :D
Surgery Jan.05 2011 TG with Dr Antalok. Dr.Chambi May of 2012 showed injury from a fall on back, 11 years ago. My piriformis muscle caused a large amount of fibrosis .My sciatic nerve was growing through the piriformis muscle which caused a bifid p.muscle. . Dr Chambi decompressed the sciatic,pudendal,pfcn ,and peroneal nerves. I hope to have a nuerostimulator put in to help with the sciatic pain that never goes away. Most days are better with the pudendal if I do not sit at all.
Violet M

Post by Violet M »

Oooooo, it's beautiful, Ellie! 8-)
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.
river133

Post by river133 »

Thank you girls ! Tomorrow we go in and I will be given a boost of meds in my pump. Every thing about this process has been very slow. I started seeing Dr. Schultz , last Oct. Now that the pump is in,I go in once week until it reaches it's goal of pain relief. Hope you all have a good day,as good as you can make it. :D
Surgery Jan.05 2011 TG with Dr Antalok. Dr.Chambi May of 2012 showed injury from a fall on back, 11 years ago. My piriformis muscle caused a large amount of fibrosis .My sciatic nerve was growing through the piriformis muscle which caused a bifid p.muscle. . Dr Chambi decompressed the sciatic,pudendal,pfcn ,and peroneal nerves. I hope to have a nuerostimulator put in to help with the sciatic pain that never goes away. Most days are better with the pudendal if I do not sit at all.
Violet M

Post by Violet M »

Good luck tomorrow, Ellie. Keep us posted. ;)

Violet
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.
river133

Post by river133 »

They increased my pump another 25%today. Will continue to do that,until. They gave me a date today for the pump to be filled which will be Nov.4th. The implant nurse said they will take out the meds that are in the pump that day and then fill it up at the desired strength. That should last 3 or 4 months before needing a refill. have not noticed a difference so far in less pain after the boost today. Stubborn pain this is. I tried cutting back on the gabepentine, it was a mistake. It will eventually work ,I need to be patient. :D
Violet M

Post by Violet M »

Hey Ellie. Sorry to hear this is taking longer than you were hoping to be effective. Hopefully over time....things will calm down for you.

Violet
river133

Post by river133 »

Saw the implant nurse last Mon. My meds are morphine 1mg fentanyl , 100 mcg . Bupivicane 4mg. This is a jump from the week before. I can tell,we are going to have a lot more jumps to get half way .. :D
river133

Post by river133 »

Saw the implant nurse last Mon. My meds are morphine 1mg , fentanyl , 100 mcg . Bupivicane 4mg. This is a jump from the week before. I can tell,we are going to have a lot more jumps to get to get half way. Will be seeing the nurse for increase , I go in once a week for the next month.
I wish I could say it is helping . Maybe will notice in the next couple of weeks.
Violet M

Post by Violet M »

Ellie, I wonder how they decide which medications to try. Is it a matter of trial and error or do different docs tend to have favorites that they use - based on their experience?

Violet
river133

Post by river133 »

I think it is what you say Violet. Does this seem like a small amout to you? They keep saying they don't want to overdose.
I see that blightcp has a much larger amount of bupivicane. Dr.Schultz has been doing pain pumps for over 20 years.
Dr Prager recommended him. .
I do not take any opiods orally,which must be considered I imagine.
For some reason I figured I would be given an adequate dose the first time. I know Quilter felt relief right affter the implant was in. Makes one wonder. I will be going in every two weeks until Nov. Nov 4th is a tentative date to have all old medicine extracted and the new working dose put in pump. . I expect we will have it figured out by then. A work in progress.

Return to “ANNOUNCEMENTS & COMMUNITY”