Tailbone

Many physical activites such as sports, pelvic surgery, etc can all contribute to PN
Violet M

Re: Tailbone

Post by Violet M »

Aussie-m wrote: http://www.abmp.com/textonlymags/articl ... rticle=396 a good read about the coccyx and PN .
Here's a link that works: http://www.abmp.com/textonlymags/articl ... rticle=396
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.
Lilas

Post by Lilas »

Hi!
The more I read,the more I am in shock.
Won't go over the history of the past 4 years (which have been one long story of chronic 24/7 lower back pain, unbearable pain when sitting and paresthesia along both legs).
What seems relevant here is the fact that an orthopedic surgeon (Professor!) who recommended nucleoplasty for two disk hernias, showed me on the screen of his computer (last CT I had) the shape of my coccyx and asked ME(!) about the angle- almost 90%. Then he showed me the "normal" (?) angle on a plastic model of the spine on his desk (absolutely nothing like mine - a gentle curve). He immediately said this is not operated on and did not look me in the eye. All this because I - innocently - asked whether nucleoplasty would resolve the pain when sitting. He said NO and then showed me his screen...
The neurosurgeon who had sent me for the CT never mentioned the coccyx! Didn't he see this or did he ignore it on purpose?
Have a consultation with another renowned orthopedic surgeon in three weeks and will SPECIFICALLY ask about the angle of the coccyx, reasons for it (I did fall 3 times the day I collapsed on the bathroom floor with the two hernias after serious exertion with my back) and treatment. Am quite sceptical but one must keep on trying and not lose faith...What else is there?
Any ideas & advice?
Mia
Aussie-m

Post by Aussie-m »

Hi Mia

It is difficult to find good Doctors or PT's or the right one to help ?? it is luck and asking who has success in the area you live and resources .
Now you said
The neurosurgeon who had sent me for the CT never mentioned the coccyx! Didn't he see this or did he ignore it on purpose?
Well the neurosurgeon probable did not include the coccyx in the CT , he would have done a lumber sacral CT and which does not include the coccyx they only include the coccyx if they specially ask for it .They left mine out in 3 MRI's and a CT scan they all missed the problem .Maybe most don't think it is important or has Bering to your condition .?? then they have not diagnosed you properly .
As i said if you want more info about the coccyx go to coccyx.org
Aussie -m
jaxi123

Post by jaxi123 »

My physical therapist describes my tailbone as being shoved up in me and curved under. It feels like it is coming out of me at times to digging into me.
Aussie-m

Post by Aussie-m »

Hi Jax

Have you tried different PT's i know not all are the same and they are hard to find anyone who has the experience in PN or well versed in pelvic treatments or who do internal work . It is frustrating and you need to be lucky to find a great PT .
jaxi123

Post by jaxi123 »

Been to countless PT's and doctors.

Return to “CAUSES & EFFECTS OF PUDENDAL NEURALGIA”