I have PN with rectal nerve pain!

Nerve blocks using many techniques, and medications - options discussed in detail
trishj46

I have PN with rectal nerve pain!

Post by trishj46 »

I have a question I cannot seem to get answered. I have rectal-anal nerve pain. I really cannot sit, but I do at times. Want to know if burning
butt cheeks like a brush burn and also in crack of butt-----are part of symptoms of PN, which I have been diagnosed with. I use ice pack & donut pillow, but on and off it feels great and then starts to feel worse. So I put it on & take it off 24/7. Laying in bed is no different. Also use ice. Rectal site goes off about 2am like a blow torch up my butt!!!! Have gone to ER. When I put ice on then I get relief for a while. But all the time I have a vague throbbing in anal area! I take Neurontin, vicodin, tramadol, muscle relaxer with very little relief!! The burning also radiates into vaginal area!
Would appreciate anyone who experiences some of this symptoms, to give me some input please!!!!
trishj46
Positivepoppy

Re: I have PN with rectal nerve pain!

Post by Positivepoppy »

Hi
Sadly I experience the same things and I was diagnosed last yr with bilateral PNE and have subsequently had decompression surgery. Not sure where you are based but try and seek the advice of a medical expert who is familiar with PNE.
GOOD LUCK
nyt

Post by nyt »

You might want to try a physical therapist that specializes in pelvic floor physical therapy. Also, a doctor that specializes in pelvic pain. I have found valium used both vaginally and rectally helps the rectal nerve pain. There are other combinations that can be used rectally that people have found helpful. You can find doctors that specialize in pelvic at the International Pelvic Pain Society website.
2/07 LAVH and TOT 7/07 TOT right side removed 9/07 IL, IH and GN neuropathy 11/07 PN - Dr. Howard
6/08 Obturator neuralgia - Dr. Conway 11/08 Disability, piriformis syndrome - Dr. Howard
4/09 Bilateral obturator decompression surgery, BLL RSD - Dr. Howard
9/10 Removed left side TOT, botox, re-evaluate obturator nerve - Dr. Hibner
2/11 LFCN and saphenous neuralgia - Dr. Dellon 2/11 MRI with Dr. Potter - confirmed entrapment
5/11 Right side TG - Dr. Hibner 2012 Left side TG - Dr. Hibner
Dr. Jason G. Attaman

Post by Dr. Jason G. Attaman »

trishj46 wrote:Want to know if burning
butt cheeks like a brush burn and also in crack of butt-----are part of symptoms of PN
Yes, this is consistent.

Return to “NERVE BLOCKS”