Has anybody tried these?

Here we can discuss difficulties with comfort in sitting and normal living - cushions, bicycle seats, car seats, work stations etc.
bikelover

Has anybody tried these?

Post by bikelover »

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B006R3 ... UTF8&psc=1
Out of desperation I just bought one of these. Been sitting this morning for an hour or so already. My pain has not triggered so far. I own the kabooti cushion (horrible), the twin cheeks, and ICN network. I've also owned the wondergel stuff (also not worth for me in particular). I would say the twin cheeks and ICN network were my favorties, but even so, I would normally start to feel some pain with them by now....

Suffice to say, I don't have any relationship with the company that makes these. Just tought I should share.
make-it-stop

Re: Has anybody tried these?

Post by make-it-stop »

No, hadn't seen one of those before. How did it feel after sitting longer? Looks like it comes in pink too (yay :)
5/11: burning in all areas innervated by PN; self-diagnosed PN
5/11: pelvic floor PT (PT #1) did not help after 2 sessions; she gave up
12/11: Kalinkin MRI doesn't show anything significant
12/11: Consult with Hibner; agreed with PN diagnosis, likely due to tight pelvic muscles
12/11 - 12/13: Tried 4 other pelvic PTs - tbh, they weren't great - no results
1/14 - 11/15: pelvic PT with PT #6 (better results, feel about 30% better after 2.5 years of PT)
Related conditions: MPS, S.I dysfunction
bikelover

Post by bikelover »

Well, I didn't got rid of the pain with it, but it was not bad at all. Just another option I will keep around. Its strange because it doesn't have a hole in the PN area as the others, yet it did make sitting more comfortable..
make-it-stop

Post by make-it-stop »

In the description for that cushion, it says that it tilts the pelvis forward and cups the glutes taking the pressure off of the tailbone, so I'm guessing that's why it reduced your sitting pain.
12/11: Consult with Hibner; agreed with PN diagnosis, likely due to tight pelvic muscles
1/14 - 11/15: pelvic PT with PT #6 (better results, feel about 30% better after 2.5 years of PT)
kathyd

Post by kathyd »

Hi
I'm replying to A pretty old post about this seating idea.
I was Reluctant to try it because it's a hard surface.
I have severe rectal throbbing that is aggravated on contact.
Still I like the idea the way
it cups the butt area and supposedly raises the areas up.
Has anyone with rectal area pain had luck with this device? Thinking of trying it but afraid of the after pain
From the hard surface.
Also if someone has a cushion they
Like for anal recital pain could You please post about it?
I'm trying various adaptions
we've come up with but find that I still have severe pain.

Sorry for messy post but I'm typing on iPhone.
Thx so much
make-it-stop

Post by make-it-stop »

The worst of my Pudendal pain is usually in the posterior area. Not exactly the rectum, but coccygeous area. I use the Technogel cushion that they sell on the Relax the Back store website (the $159 option). It's really been a lifesaver for me. Before that cushion, none of the 10 or so other cushions I tried helped at all.
kathyd

Post by kathyd »

Hi,
Thx for posting this cushion info.
just wanted to ask you more about your pain location as I'm thinking of buying the Technogel from Relax the Back
( I have a pile of useless cushions! now) but I use various ones to get by when I need to. Maybe the technogel will help.
I call my pain 'rectal' but i 's right at the anal opening and goes from the opening on out to the bottom of the butt cheek right near the opening... more on the right than left but now its both sides ..
Since the opening is right below the tailbone I thought maybe the area was close to what you decsribed?
Always looking for one that might work well.
Thx Again!
Kathy
make-it-stop

Post by make-it-stop »

My pain is everywhere in the entire pelvis, so I do have pain in that area you described along with everywhere else along the Pudendal nerve plus every muscle in the pelvis. If your pain is only in that one area, though, I'm wondering if a cushion with a coccyx cut out or some other cut out might work too. I think (but am not sure) that relax the back will accept returns If you keep the plastic wrap on the cushion. Hard to tell for sure If It would work for you since your pain could be stronger in that area than mine, while my pain is so widespread. But if they take returns, I'd recommend giving it a try (or going to one of their stores to try it if there's one nearby), because it has helped me function so much.
kathyd

Post by kathyd »

Thx for ur Reply
we used to have a store in our neighborhood but
it closed so I will have to order it online
I think they take returns if you leave the plastic on but will find out.
It sounds like you have been looking for awhile too to find a cushion that at least
Helps a bit.

I have tried one of those simple coccyx cushions with the cut out The model we tried was still painful-
not sure why, but my painful Areas still seemed
To make contact.
My PT says the opening on my cushion should be narrow but I'll talk with her more when she returns from
her maternity leave.
Meanwhile thx for the suggestion. Glad it helps you!
and
Praying it will work for me too.
Best wishes
Kathy
tigerlily

Post by tigerlily »

Yes i have one and they make a version with memory foam, called core plus or relax plus... just look for the memory foam.
i carry this along with a cushion and put this on top of a cushion to stabilize it.

Return to “SEATING & PHYSICAL LIFESTYLE ADAPTATIONS”