Booked for Anaes & Steroid Injection to get diagnosis?

Hysterectomy, Ovary Removal, SIJD, Piriformis Syndrome etc
caz72me

Re: Booked for Anaes & Steroid Injection to get diagnosis?

Post by caz72me »

I have a minimum of a 5 hour car journey this Friday followed by a 4 hour ferry crossing (at least I can walk around on the ferry) and another 1.5 hour car journey once off the ferry - I am going to take my tramadol before leaving and again 8 hours into the journey but must admit I am dreading the pain. Due to work we can't leave until midday so won't get the opportunity for breaks on the journey as will have to be at the ferry port on time for our crossing. Have my cut out/ring cushion for the car seat but am wondering whether I'd be better off in the back of the car where I can stretch out a little if necessary. I can usually sit for about 15 minutes before the nerve pain starts up so 5hrs will be torture :cry:

Any tips for car journeys appreciated.
Violet M

Post by Violet M »

Caz, I always lie down in the back of the car for long trips. Is that possible for you if someone else drives or will you be by yourself?

Violet
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.
caz72me

Post by caz72me »

Hi Violet,

No my husband will be doing the driving, I have two teenage kids but sure the one will love to sit in the front and other may have to have mums feet on his lap :D I think I will definitely try lying down if it gets too painful.
Violet M

Post by Violet M »

Be sure to bring lots of pillows. In my car you can wear the middle seat belt while you are lying down which is nice. Hope it works out for you. ;)

Violet
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.
Richard1969

Post by Richard1969 »

It's been three weeks and pain is slowly creeping back. Slight pain at glans still, but not as bad as it has been in the past. Noticed my piriformis muscle is getting tighter again. Did yoga last night and it helped. Going to do external piriformis and hamstring trigger point and external massage tonight. Next PT appointment is for Monday for internal piriformis treatment.

Does anyone know why pain doctors want to schedule injections 8-10 weeks apart?
janetm2

Post by janetm2 »

I had coccyx and SI shots not sure they were that long between the same type but maybe 4-6 weeks. I do not know the reason between the cocyx but for the SI shots I think it was to give them a chance to work before doing again which was a good idea because I did not need the last round.
2007-08 pelvic muscles spasms treated by EGS. 6/27/10 sat too long on hard chair- spasms, EGS not work Botox help, cortisone shots in coccyx help, still pain, PT found PNE & sent me to Dr Marvel nerve blocks & MRN, TG left surgery 5/9/11. I have chronic bunion pain surgery at age 21. TG gave me back enough sitting to keep my job & join in some social activities. I wish the best to everyone! 2019 luck with orthotics from pedorthist & great PT allowing me to get off oxycodone.
Richard1969

Post by Richard1969 »

Wanted to update. I had Physical Therapy on Monday (Internal focus on piriformis). I did Yoga last night. It's been one month since my multiple injection approach (piriformis, Pudendal Canal, and ganglion impar). Still only slight pain. My believe is that my pain is originating from my sacrum. Whether it is due to irritated nerves, therefore the ganglion impar block, a tight right piriformis muscle, or the Pudendal canal; I'm still not sure. Just know that when I am relaxed and have done stretches the pain is less and discoloration of the glans of my penis is more normal.
janetm2

Post by janetm2 »

Richard,
Thanks for the update. Glad to hear you are having positive improvement and hope it continues.
Janet
2007-08 pelvic muscles spasms treated by EGS. 6/27/10 sat too long on hard chair- spasms, EGS not work Botox help, cortisone shots in coccyx help, still pain, PT found PNE & sent me to Dr Marvel nerve blocks & MRN, TG left surgery 5/9/11. I have chronic bunion pain surgery at age 21. TG gave me back enough sitting to keep my job & join in some social activities. I wish the best to everyone! 2019 luck with orthotics from pedorthist & great PT allowing me to get off oxycodone.

Return to “ASSOCIATED DISORDERS”