work

Welcome to HOPE. We have tried to provide a place for newcomers to make their introductions. We will try our best to make you welcome and guide you through our website and Forum and assist you as best as we can through any questions you have regarding Pudendal Neuralgia.
mary123

work

Post by mary123 »

Hello again.
Thank you for reading me and for your help. I am anxious about what is happening to me and depressed. It is difficult to see how you cannot acomplish the plans that you had and you stay at home while the other people follow with their lives.
I wanted to ask you another question. I am on holidays now but I have to return to work in september. I have to sit a lot of hours in my work and I am not sure if I can manage it, the same with the burning, it is difficult to concentrate in the work if you have burning in your inimate areas. And the worst is the effects of the medication, as I explained in another post (I am taking only 50 mg a day of lyrica and I am exhausted!). Can anybody explain me how you manage the situation at work and how you lift up your spirits in order to avoid depression? Thank you
Violet M

Re: work

Post by Violet M »

Mary it's difficult if you have to sit a lot at work. Not sure what your job is but maybe a standing work station would help. Alternating between sitting and standing could be helpful too. Have you tried any cushions for sitting yet?

I'm not an expert on how to deal with the depression. I'm afraid during the worst of PNE I got pretty low. For me effective pain control was the most important thing in helping me deal with depression. Chronic pain can be pretty exhausting and keeping your pain levels as low as possible is important. I used to take narcotics in the evening so I could get have a few hours of taking the edge off the pain and get some sleep. Some people take cymbalta as well as lyrica because the combo works better than either drug by itself. You definitely have to start out slowly on these two drugs and titrate up slowly so you get used to them.

Violet
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.

Return to “WELCOME CENTER”