lyrica

Welcome to HOPE. We have tried to provide a place for newcomers to make their introductions. We will try our best to make you welcome and guide you through our website and Forum and assist you as best as we can through any questions you have regarding Pudendal Neuralgia.
mary123

lyrica

Post by mary123 »

Hi again,
My doctor prescribed me lyrica 25 mg 3 times a day during 10 days, then 50 mg 3 times a day during 10 days and then if I need it 75 mg 3 times a day. The problem is that I can only take 25 mg 2 times a day because even with that dose I feel very sleepy and I cannot have a normal life. Anyone with the same problem with lyrica? I have been taking it for 10 days now.
stephanies

Re: lyrica

Post by stephanies »

Hi Mary,

Welcome to the forum. It may take a bit more time to get used to the Lyrica and for the side effects to minimize. Maybe your doctor will suggest you up you dosage a little more slowly since you are having trouble with sleepiness. Many forum members seem to do well with Lyrica.

Sincerely,
Stephanies
PN started 2004 from fall. Surgery with Filler Nov. 2006, Dr. Campbell April 2007. Pain decreased by 85% in 2008 (rectal and sitting pain resolved completely), pain returned in 12/13. Pain reduced significantly beginning around 11/23.
janetm2

Re: lyrica

Post by janetm2 »

I second Stephanies post. Talk with the doctor and stay at the level you are on to see if the side effects calm down. Explain what is going on and ask if you should drop down. Generally with these drugs you need to stay at the one level until the side effects level off and the 10 day thing is really more of a minimum hoping this will get you stabilized, unfortunately the do not really give you that part of the guidance.
2007-08 pelvic muscles spasms treated by EGS. 6/27/10 sat too long on hard chair- spasms, EGS not work Botox help, cortisone shots in coccyx help, still pain, PT found PNE & sent me to Dr Marvel nerve blocks & MRN, TG left surgery 5/9/11. I have chronic bunion pain surgery at age 21. TG gave me back enough sitting to keep my job & join in some social activities. I wish the best to everyone! 2019 luck with orthotics from pedorthist & great PT allowing me to get off oxycodone.

Return to “WELCOME CENTER”