Anyone get PGAD from getting off a med?

Many physical activites such as sports, pelvic surgery, etc can all contribute to PN
Rane

Anyone get PGAD from getting off a med?

Post by Rane »

Specifically SSRIs. All my problems started after discontinuing Celexa. I just want to know if anyone else's started this way. I have heard it's pretty rare.
Violet M

Re: Anyone get PGAD from getting off a med?

Post by Violet M »

Rane,

If you don't have any of the other symptoms of PN besides PGAD then I think it makes sense to wonder if going off Celexa is what caused your PGAD -- something to do with the neurons and serotonin.

If you have some of the other symptoms of PN such as bladder problems or pain, then you have to wonder if maybe there is some other type of accompanying nerve pathology that Celexa was helping to mask. I think you said you had a fall on your bum?

Violet
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.
Rane

Post by Rane »

It was my lower back actually, hit right on the spine. Thing is, I had this symptom after I got off the meds, only to have it go away before coming back a few days ago. It's weird.
Violet M

Post by Violet M »

Well, that is odd. How long were you symptom-free? I know lots of people have had symptoms of PN come and go but that doesn't necessarily mean your PGAD is caused by PN.

Violet
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.
flash gordon

Post by flash gordon »

Rane,

Go to benzobuddies. They can help. They are a group that helps with benzo and ssri use wd.

fg

Return to “CAUSES & EFFECTS OF PUDENDAL NEURALGIA”