Pelvic pain questionnaire

This is an area to share and learn about new Medical Advances and Techniques where we can be educated and educate.
catherine a

Pelvic pain questionnaire

Post by catherine a »

A student named Jane from the University of South Australia is researching pelvic pain for her studies. Please help her to help us by participating in the following questionnaire. Thanks.

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/TQK37J5
2004 PNE following vag. hysterectomy and A & P repair. 2007 TIR surgery France. severe entrapment at Alcocks canal & SS ligaments . Have my life back. 90% cured.No longer have medical appts.or physio.Some pain remains but is tolerable. 2012 Flew from Australia to the UK without pain flare. Very manageable. Almost back to normal. Now hold support group meetings at KEMH Subiaco Perth WA. Every 2nd Sat. of the month. Still pace my activities. PN doesn't dominate any more.
Violet M

Re: Pelvic pain questionnaire

Post by Violet M »

I noticed on the survey that pudendal neuralgia isn't listed as one of the causes of pelvic pain. Hopefully enough people will take the survey and list PN so that it gets added. I just took it. I doesn't take very long.

Violet
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.
catherine a

Post by catherine a »

Me too Violet. I hope lots of people fill out the survey and mention PN. The student will then have more to discuss with her tutors and lecturers.

Catherine
2004 PNE following vag. hysterectomy and A & P repair. 2007 TIR surgery France. severe entrapment at Alcocks canal & SS ligaments . Have my life back. 90% cured.No longer have medical appts.or physio.Some pain remains but is tolerable. 2012 Flew from Australia to the UK without pain flare. Very manageable. Almost back to normal. Now hold support group meetings at KEMH Subiaco Perth WA. Every 2nd Sat. of the month. Still pace my activities. PN doesn't dominate any more.
ColSkiier36

Post by ColSkiier36 »

In the other box you can mention Pudendal Nerve, I did it. Thanks for sharing. :)
Pelvic Pain started 2008 Endometrosis diagnosed May 2012 Partial Hysterectomy w/ left ovary removal Nov 2012
Urinary issues and pelvic floor issues Sept 2013 InterStim Trial May 2014 (worked but opted for no surgery)
Diagnosed Pudendal Nerve Damage May 2014 Diagnosed Urinary Retention May 2014
Currently exploring options to heal!
janetm2

Post by janetm2 »

Catherine,
Thanks for posting this survey. I put in both PNE and PN since they seem to apply pre a nd post decompression surgery. I put as many comments and issues as I could think of so we can advance some info on the condition.
Janet
2007-08 pelvic muscles spasms treated by EGS. 6/27/10 sat too long on hard chair- spasms, EGS not work Botox help, cortisone shots in coccyx help, still pain, PT found PNE & sent me to Dr Marvel nerve blocks & MRN, TG left surgery 5/9/11. I have chronic bunion pain surgery at age 21. TG gave me back enough sitting to keep my job & join in some social activities. I wish the best to everyone! 2019 luck with orthotics from pedorthist & great PT allowing me to get off oxycodone.

Return to “MEDICAL ADVANCES & EDUCATION”