Coming off Lyrica/Pregabalin Question for anyone who has

Discuss different Pain Management Options; Medication options including side effects and Worldwide variances in names etc.
caz72me

Coming off Lyrica/Pregabalin Question for anyone who has

Post by caz72me »

Hi,

I am not entirely convinced that Lyrica is helping me at all, my Dr keeps upping the dosage and still I don't think I've seen any improvement, I had my first Physio appt this week and feel this has helped alot, not an instant cure but has definitely had an effect on the affected area immediately which is more than Lyrica has. I am having horrible side effects with Lyrica including swelling like a balloon & massive dizziness - so if its not working then I really don't want to be on it, I personally feel that to see if its doing any good the easiest way to test this - is to stop taking it and see if my pain worsens.

I am in the UK and non urgent appointments through the NHS are hard to get - I can't get an appt to see my Doctor until June so was wondering whether to just stop the meds tonight and see what happens - has anyone else just stopped this med and if so how long until the side effects stopped and is it advisable to just 'stop' or better to 'reduce' over a few days and then 'stop'. Any advice appreciated, don't really want to wait until June to ask the Dr :(
Positivepoppy

Re: Coming off Lyrica/Pregabalin Question for anyone who has

Post by Positivepoppy »

Hi I'm also taking 600 mgs pre and post surgery. I forgot to take it one day and I suffered a huge flare up lasting 4 days. I have also known of people on this forum that have stopped and suffered.could you ring your GP for a chat to save waiting? Good luck with your decision
janetm2

Post by janetm2 »

Reducing is said to be better than stopping. They say withdrawal can be bad and probably going down at the pace you went up might be a thing to try. Definitely asking a doctor or maybe a pharmacy?
Janet
2007-08 pelvic muscles spasms treated by EGS. 6/27/10 sat too long on hard chair- spasms, EGS not work Botox help, cortisone shots in coccyx help, still pain, PT found PNE & sent me to Dr Marvel nerve blocks & MRN, TG left surgery 5/9/11. I have chronic bunion pain surgery at age 21. TG gave me back enough sitting to keep my job & join in some social activities. I wish the best to everyone! 2019 luck with orthotics from pedorthist & great PT allowing me to get off oxycodone.
Violet M

Post by Violet M »

Lyrica is an anti-seizure medication so you should not stop it immediately. Definitely check with your doctor.

Violet
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.

Return to “PAIN MANAGEMENT & MEDICATIONS”