Dr Weiss - personal experiences

Diagnosis, Nerve Blocks, Physical Therapy
Charlie

Re: Dr Weiss - personal experiences

Post by Charlie »

ezer wrote:
Wise and Weiss are from the same Rhonda Kotarinos school of myofascial pelvic floor therapy (Wise/Weiss used to work together in the same practice but had a fallout). They learned or were treated by her so they perpetuate that form of treatment. I saw Rhonda at Dr.Weiss' practice once as she visits them periodically. They seem to embrace whatever Rhonda recommends. After her visit they modified their PT procedures.
David Wise was a patient of Dr Weiss and he also worked for him. He was diagnosed by Rhonda Kotarinos with pelvic floor dysfunction. He then continued to receive trigger point treatment from Weiss after Weiss learnt about trigger point treatment from Kotarinos. Before Wise's diagnosis by Kotarinos Dr Weiss was not using trigger point therapy.

Wises's book A headache in the pelvis tries to pass trigger point treatment for pelvic pain off as new and original but without Weiss and Kotarinos David Wise would have never even heard of a trigger point. The suggestion in his book that he somehow came up with a new treatment at Stanford is laughable. The studies that he did went through Stanford due to his connection with Dr Anderson. Wise has never been employed by Stanford and no treatment was created there.

Even the relaxation therapy in A headache in the pelvis is not original. It is progressive muscle relaxation invented by Edmund Jacobsen and Edmund Jacobsen himself sometimes referred to this form of relaxation as 'Paradoxical relaxation'. Wise is a great entrepreneur but he has not contributed anything to the field of pelvic pain.

I have never been to see Weiss but I would say his knowledge is superior to that of David Wise as he is of course an M.D unlike Wise. Wiess also recognizes the diagnosis of pudendal nerve entrapment as the majority of Dr's in this field do and as the OP says has spoken at conferences regarding it.
Tried numerous medications as well as a long period of myofascial physical therapy combined with meditation/relaxation. My pelvic floor muscles are now normal and relaxed on exam ( confirmed by many Pelvic floor PTs) yet my pain remains the same. Also have intense leg pain. Deciding on next treatment.
manon13

Post by manon13 »

thank you to all for your answers! Manon
amfrazi

Post by amfrazi »

He's a wonderful doctor. Every single thing he's said has been correct. I've been a patient for several years.

I had nerve blocks from him. It was extremely helpful. He only had to do it once and the constant numbness went away.

I do still have pudendal issues, but they are not from an entrapment. I think mine actually comes from femoral acetabular impingement and a labrum tear. What I mean is that when you touch the nerve, it is not painful during the exam. But when my hip muscles spasm the whole pelvic area will go numb. But my PT's and osteopath are able to make the numbness go away. My pudendal issues actually happen when I walk, as opposed to from sitting. I get pain from sitting, but not from the nerve. My pain from sitting comes from the hip impingement.

Yes, his nerve blocks make you flare. You need to go back 3 weeks later for PT as a followup. It worked for me.

I do the out of town program all the time, but for shorter time frames.
Pudendal nerve & pelvic pain issues. Pelvic pain 20+ years. Pelvic floor therapy, nerve blocks and t.p. injections helped!

Hip issues finally identified Oct. 2011. Extremely successful surgeries 2/2012 & 7/2012 to correct femoroacetabular impingement (pincer impingements) & labral tears! Woke up in recovery from 1st to no pudendal pain! All sitting issues gone!

Moving on to athletic pubalgia surgery. Still some remaining pain, likely due to attachments around the pelvis.

Return to “Dr. Jerome Weiss -- California”