Relief through supplements

This is where we will make important announcements, accept offers of helpful tips from members, and a place for questions and discussion regarding website and forum operations and procedures.
Our Code of Conduct is also viewable here.
Elmwood

Relief through supplements

Post by Elmwood »

Hello.

I found a supplement at the local pharmacy called TRP Fibromyalgia Relief. You can find it near the Advil, Aspirin etc. I actually think it has worked really well for me. Its possible that i'm just going through a good spell but that would be a big coincidence since I've been on a prolonged bad spell and I started feeling better the day I started taking the supplement. In the past Lyrica worked for me so I don't know how similar this stuff is but its a hell of a lot cheaper and works much quicker and is supposed to be side effect free. That being said if I have a beer or glass of wine etc. it gets me really stoned. Uncomfortably so. And the feeling lasts a while. Thats what Lyrica and Cymbalta did too. So it isn't completely side effect fee. But I would say in the week i've been on it I've seen about a 50% - %60 reduction in pain frequency. I've posted the ingredients below.

Anyway, thats my story. I'll check back in on this site when I remember but I may forget as I don't come here a ton anymore. But feel free to ask me any questions.

Active Ingredient

Belladonna HPUS 6c, 12c, 18c
Bryonia HPUS 6c, 12c, 18c
Causticum HPUS 6c, 12c, 18c
Magnesia Phosphorica HPUS 6c,12c,18c
Nux Vomica HPUS 6c,12c,18c
Pulsatilla HPUS 6c,12c,18c
Rhus Toxicodendron HPUS 6c,12c,18c
Scrotal pain and tingling started in 1999. Soreness after ejaculation. Occasional numbness in Scrotum. Some urinary frequency. Symptoms disappeared for 3 years in 07 and came back in 2010. Tingling and tickling in penis 2011. Pain in buttocks with sitting started in July of 2012. Not much success with PT. Tried the usual meds with some success, but didn't like the side effects. Dr. Potter MRI revealed pelvic floor varices. Both hips opperated on in 2013 for FAI. Some help with supplements.
mary jane

Re: Relief through supplements

Post by mary jane »

is there any reason why you chose homoeopathic medicine instead of regular supplements?
I take a crapload of vit D, magnesium and B vitamins.... so far only the magnesium worked, it's amazing how much it can calm down the nerve buzzing!
really great to see other things than the usual medicine supported! it's great if this combo works for you!!
tiny bartholin infection triggered vulvar nerve pain.
Diagnosed vulvodynia Sept '13 (no burning but electric shocks, paresthesia, aching, buzzing)
Feb 14- Taking 50 mg Ami/Elavil
May 14-pain free with 50 mg Amitriptyline and 300 mg Pregabalin. Back to normal
Dec 15- weaned off all medication, pain free, wearing skinny jeans
April 17- pain returned, Amitriptyline 50 mg. Something doesn't make sense in my diagnosis.
Currently treating depression and anxiety
Elmwood

Post by Elmwood »

I guess I've tried various supplements and never had any relief. I saw this stuff at the store and figured I'd give it a shot. But i'd rather take the ingredients that work and get rid of the other stuff in the supplement that I do not need. Magnesia is in there. You say that works for you?
Scrotal pain and tingling started in 1999. Soreness after ejaculation. Occasional numbness in Scrotum. Some urinary frequency. Symptoms disappeared for 3 years in 07 and came back in 2010. Tingling and tickling in penis 2011. Pain in buttocks with sitting started in July of 2012. Not much success with PT. Tried the usual meds with some success, but didn't like the side effects. Dr. Potter MRI revealed pelvic floor varices. Both hips opperated on in 2013 for FAI. Some help with supplements.
ezer

Post by ezer »

I am sorry but it cannot work. Those are homeopathic dilutions (an 18c dilution is like one molecule in lake Michigan) and there is no trace of the original substance left in the remedy. According to the Homeopaths "the water has a memory" but again, it is pure speculation.
You may choose to believe in Homeopathy but there is not one shred of evidence that it works besides the placebo effect. There was a very thorough study of Homeopathy performed in Switzerland a few years ago that once again disproved the efficacy of Homeopathy.
The few studies that found some benefit in Homeopathy were easily debunked by serious scientists (no control group, no randomization etc...).
2002 PN pain started following a fall on a wet marble floor
2004 Headache in the pelvis clinic. Diagnosed with PNE by Drs. Jerome Weiss, Stephen Mann, and Rodney Anderson
2004-2007 PT, Botox, diagnosed with PNE by Dr. Sheldon Jordan
2010 MRN and 3T MRI showing PNE. Diagnosed with PNE by Dr. Aaron Filler. 2 failed PNE surgeries.
2011-2012 Horrific PN pain.
2013 Experimented with various Mind-body modalities
3/2014 Significantly better
11/2014 Cured. No pain whatsoever since
Elmwood

Post by Elmwood »

Thanks for those encouraging words. Don't know what to tell you but it works for me. I don't much care if it is a placebo effect or not as long as it works. But considering I never expected it to work in the first place I find it unlikely that it would have a placebo effect.
ezer

Post by ezer »

You should be concerned about what is "really" in the ingredients then. The 6C, 18C etc... is the proof that there is nothing left of the original remedy. Only the "memory" of it. You can check the signification of 6C, 18C and the theory of succusion.

There are cases where some of the "natural" supplements made overseas and escaping all regulation whatsoever were simply mixed with Prednisone and some opiates like hydrocodone on top of the "natural" remedies. Sure they worked, but not for the right reasons. People simply got addicted to opiates and were helped by the anti-inflammatory properties of Prednisone which is also very damaging long term.
It is strange that you had such a reaction to alcohol. I would be worried about what is really in those capsules. Because the 6C, 18C remedies again cannot give you such a reaction. Again there should be no trace of any active ingredient.
2004 Headache in the pelvis clinic. Diagnosed with PNE by Drs. Jerome Weiss, Stephen Mann, and Rodney Anderson
2010 MRN and 3T MRI showing PNE. Diagnosed with PNE by Dr. Aaron Filler. 2 failed PNE surgeries.
Elmwood

Post by Elmwood »

I don't really have any interest in an online argument with you. The stuff works for me so I figured I'd let other people on this site know.

As for Swiss research, it appears that the Swiss government did do a study and found homeopathic treatments to be effective.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/dana-ullm ... 58607.html

But again, the only study I much care about is the one I did on myself. The one in which the supplements worked.
ezer

Post by ezer »

The article you posted is a review from Dana Ullman, a homeopath and successful businessman himself, that completely distorted a Swiss government report (that he did not even reference, not even the name of the study is included).
The research was done by Dr.Egger at the University of Bern and referenced in the Swiss gov. study.

Here is that infamous study from the Swiss government that Ullman did not bother reference:
https://biblio.parlament.ch/e-docs/139404.pdf (German/French/English)
"The available placebo-controlled studies on homeopathy do not demonstrate any clear effect over and above placebo"

http://www.foxnews.com/story/2005/08/26 ... dont-work/
http://www.whillyard.com/pseudo-science/homeopathy.html

I don't know why arguing a topic is such bad thing. It is what a forum is for.
But anyhow, it would be great if you can take the supplement for one month and then discontinue for a few days. At that time ask yourself if it makes any difference and report your findings to us.
Elmwood

Post by Elmwood »

Wow, you don't quit do you?

Your first post came across as rude to me and I really can't stand when people do that on this site. Not the place for it.

I already came off of the supplement for half a day and my sypmtoms got worse. Things got better soon after I took the next pill. For me it seems to work like aspirin, advil etc in that it works quickly after taking it.
Again thats my story. I'm not selling anything, just reporting something I found that has worked pretty well for me.

But I don't thing this website benefits from our bickering so I will not be responding to your posts on this topic. That being said I'll let you get the last word because I'm sure you need to get it in. I would of course be open to others who have questions.
ezer

Post by ezer »

The company making that product has no address or contact info besides a 888 number. That stuff is not regulated and those companies are often located overseas.
Make sure that the *real* active ingredient is not Hydrocodone, Oxycodone, or other potent opiate. That works quite well you know, you just get addicted. That could explain being lightheaded after a drink like you reported. The FDA is reporting constantly about supplements laden with controlled substances.
Science as opposed to magic thinking has some merit.
You chose to attack my character ad hominem. I never did. Good luck with your "natural" supplement.

Return to “ANNOUNCEMENTS & COMMUNITY”