Cryoablation of problem nerves?

Many physical activites such as sports, pelvic surgery, etc can all contribute to PN
Karyn

Re: Cryoablation of problem nerves?

Post by Karyn »

Hi Grace,
I hope you're feeling a little better. What's up with your knees? :(
GraceUnderFire wrote:Anyway . . . you are correct in that I had an ilioinguinal neurectomy by Dr. Conway. It was totally ineffective and I also developed a seroma that turned into a pseudobursa
OK. I thought I read about that on the old forum. I remember you being very detailed about what happened, but sadly, I don't remember those details. :oops: I can imagine this subject is very unpleasant but could you please describe what happened and why it failed, again? I thought this was supposed to be a fairly easy, uncomplicated surgery? Additionally, I'm considering having the neurectomy by Dr. Conway and would be grateful for any info you could share BEFORE hand!
Warmest of regards,
Karyn
Ultra Sound in 03/08 showed severely retroverted, detaching uterus with mulitple fibroids and ovarian cysts.
Pressure and pain in lower abdomen and groin area was unspeakable and devastating.
Total lap hysterectomy in 06/08, but damage was already done.
EMG testing in NH in 04/10 - bilateral PN and Ilioinguals
3T MRI at HSS, NY in 09/10
Bilateral TG surgery with Dr. Conway on 03/29/11. Bilat ilioinguinal & iliohypogastric neurectomy 03/12. TCD surgery 04/14.
acw

Post by acw »

Hi Mitch,

I realize that this is an older thread, but I haven't been logged on here in a while. Just wanted to let you know that I have had the cryoablation of the ilioinguinal nerve done by Dr Schultz in Edina before. I most likely had complications following hernia surgery and the nerve was either irritated or entrapped by scar tissue. It was a struggle to get to that diagnosis, but was thrilled once I finally was given some options by Dr Schultz. I think my first cryoablation was in May 2007. Relief lasted about 7 months or so, and then I started to have some return of the pain (although not nearly as bad as before). He offered to do the cryo again, and honestly it was such an easy procedure that I knew it was worth it. I had the cryo repeated in Feb 2008 and have been symptom-free ever since. If I ever felt the need, I wouldn't hesitate to do it again. If you have any specific questions, please feel free to ask.

Take care,
Anita
Ivahybrid

Post by Ivahybrid »

Just heard from a woman on private Facebook support page. She had cryoblation with Dr Prologo in Cleveland at St Johns Hospital. Good results after 1 week. She woke up from her hysterectomy with PN.
Ivahybrid - 1991 diagnosed with Fibromyalgia, TMJ. 2009 trouble with left hip, had steroid injections good for 2 years. Discomfort sitting after being on antibiotics for a year due to chronic bladder infections. Diagnosed with vulvodynia in 2011, pudendal neuralgia in 2012 with Dr Stanley Antolak. 3 nerve blocks to date, Dr wants to do a 4th. Still trouble sitting or walking distances.

Return to “CAUSES & EFFECTS OF PUDENDAL NEURALGIA”