Dr Greenslade/Mr Wong

Many physical activites such as sports, pelvic surgery, etc can all contribute to PN
purdy

Dr Greenslade/Mr Wong

Post by purdy »

Hi All. I am keen to learn how people have got on withe treatment given by Dr Greenslade and Mr wong in Bristol please? Iam finding it difficult getting an appointment at the moment. The waits are so long.
Violet M

Re: Dr Greenslade/Mr Wong

Post by Violet M »

Purdy, one of the other UK members (Chillijava) has posted quite a bit about this in the UK section of the forum. You could do a search on her posts for more info. Unfortunately, from what I've heard you are not the first to have this problem but I'm sure it's because the docs are over-worked and over-booked.

Violet
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.
purdy

Post by purdy »

Thank you. In that case, I cannot find anything. I have found odd bits, but nothing of note. Maybe you would be kind enough to guide me to the right area please?
calluna

Post by calluna »

If you are looking at treatments specifically by Dr Greenslade and Mr Wong in combination together, then I'm not so sure that you are going to find anything. Dr Greenslade together with Mr Dixon, yes - that's different.

I am one of Dr Greenslade's patients, my surgeon was Mr Dixon and Dr Greenslade was the anaesthetist during my surgeries as well. The same goes for chillijava. We've posted a lot about our experiences in connection with these two doctors.

By the way, if you want to see posts by chillijava, or indeed anyone else - go to where it says Members at the top right on this page. Then click on 'Find a member' on the left of the new page and type in the username of the person whose posts you want to look at, and click the Search button.

I hope this helps - it is so frustrating when you are waiting for appointments. I hope it isn't too much longer for you. :)
purdy

Post by purdy »

I am having a hell of a job getting hold of his PA etc. No matter how many times I try, and even leave messages with reception- nothing! I even got an answermachine message yesterday saying he is on leave now until 4 Jan??????????? An error apparantely. Getting very frustrated now. Have only managed ever to speak to Mr Wong, and even his emails to Dr Greenslade's PA brings up no joy. This is poor, when you consider we are unwell, and needing help, not hindrance in getting treated and recovering from this problem. It is stressful enough trying to get sorted with this.
calluna

Post by calluna »

Whose PA are you trying to speak to, purdy? And could I ask, are you going through private treatment, or through the NHS? (Sorry if I am being slow, blame the meds...)

I've had all my treatment through the NHS, and have in the past had plenty of problems trying to get through to Dr G's secretary. In contrast, Mr Dixon's secretary has always been quite easy to contact. Chillijava is a private patient, she's quite recently had surgery. If memory serves, she has also had some considerable problems getting in touch with Dr Greenslade.

So you are not alone. He is just so very busy. And I really, really agree - it is terribly stressful. Are you waiting for your first appointment? - and have you been waiting long? I do hope that your GP is being supportive.
purdy

Post by purdy »

His private PA, but I do not receive any replies to emails and calls, which I am very annoyed about. I had some information today to suggest he is very part time at the moment, so the chances of getting hold of him will be very slim. Not my place to say why on a forum, but I would of thought his PA would at the very least return an email explaining this, rather than hearing it from someone else. I also understand that his PA was not full time either, or his answermachines don't get picked up that often, but again, speaking to receptions/switchboards etc, I am picking up different snippets of information, but not sure what is right? Yes, I have been waiting a few months, and cannot even get anything with Prof Roberts until just before xmas. It was October, but now for no reason he suddently sent an email through sending a new appointment through for December??? When I sent him a copy of the original appointment for October, he could not understand what had happened and his secretary was on holiday.
I don't think they always think what a kick back it is when this happens, and also how long people suffer waiting for this appointments. It is a hellishly long wait for any consultant and not happy about any of it at the moment. Very frustrating
Geraldine

Post by Geraldine »

Very interested to hear about your problems getting hold of Dr Greenslade. I have been seeing him as a private patient for over a year and getting hold of his secretary has always been hit and miss. At my last appointment with him in June he changed my meds and told me to let him know via email about my progress. Well I have sent emails but have had no replies and I have also tried ringing Catherine, his secretary, but again with no success. Your news that he might working part time really concerns me as I am having problems with my meds and my GP isn't any help. Sadly there doesn't seem to be any one to replace Dr Greenslade - I was so pleased to have found him last year but now that I can't seem to get hold of him I feel I have gone back to that horrible state of no-one giving help and support.
calluna

Post by calluna »

Purdy, I gather that you are talking about contacting Dr Greenslade rather than Dr Wong.

First off let me say that I don't know anything about Prof Robert in France, no idea what's going on there at all, but sorry to hear that your appointment is being changed. Are you going to be treated by him and Dr Greenslade together? This sounds interesting. Where does Dr Wong come into it?

I would be really surprised to hear that Dr G is anything like 'part time', let us not forget that after all it is August and people do take holidays, if they did not take breaks then they would not be able to help anybody because the pressure must be immense and the hours that they work are considerable.

By the way, with regard to his PA/secretary, when I was in the Pain Clinic at Frenchay last week, I was given the name and number of his NHS secretary (because I now have an open appointment for a year) and the name is not Catherine, so it is definitely two different people involved, ie not the same person for the NHS as for the private side of things.
purdy

Post by purdy »

I was seeing Prof Robert but Mr Wong is now seeing me in Dr Greenslades absence, which Dr G has agreed to. Profs appointments in Nantes have such long waiting times.....for which I cannot wait for. It is not up to me to discuss on a forum why I understand Dr Greenslade is not active atm, so much as to say I understand it not to be annual leave, but thought people may wish to know this, due to the number of people who are under him, or (like me) were trying to get hold of him. I cannot speak as to why I fail to get any reply from the PA, just a note by email would have sufficed!!!I am not saying Dr G has ever been part time, but I do understand he is atm for reasons I believe to be excusable. Mr Wong however has been very accomodating in his absence,

Return to “CAUSES & EFFECTS OF PUDENDAL NEURALGIA”