Confusion over consultants

Many physical activites such as sports, pelvic surgery, etc can all contribute to PN
purdy

Confusion over consultants

Post by purdy »

I am really confused after reading so much on the forum, about success stories but mainly failures with various consultants with PN treatment. I have been referred to a lady in Lyon who deals with this Dr Scheiber Nogueira, but the wait is horrendous, and I don't see mention of her on the forums, however my prof recommends her for treatment and diagnosis. Do we assume these people are good, as from what I am reading on this forum about the consultants listed it doesn't seem very consistant reading. Maybe a long waiting list is a good thing?
Rosemary

Re: Confusion over consultants

Post by Rosemary »

Hi Purdy

I have just copied this thread as member Alexm lives in France and may be someone who is able to help you concerning french consultants http://www.pudendalhope.info/forum/view ... =69&t=4014

Rosemary
purdy

Post by purdy »

Thankyou for that. I have actually been in touch with Dr Wong today, as we are quite a way from Nantes to see Prof Robert, and figured it may be better seeing Dr Wong in Bristol. However I rang his secretary and he picked the phone up so had a chat with Dr Wong. He suggested we sat tight and saw prof Robert, although I will still try and maybe get a private rendezvous with the doctor near us. I am not sure whether all doctors in France have private clinics? I am also not sure how much treatment i am able to get on my Carte Vitale. Alot of people seem to have to pay for treatment.
Rosemary

Post by Rosemary »

Hi Purdy

Nantes has the expertise according to all i have read so may be worth the journey in the end.

Have you got the equivalent of a Citizens Advice Bureau in france where some of your questions could be answered ? - or maybe your local hospital authority.

Rosemary
purdy

Post by purdy »

Thanks Rosemary. Yes i think he is the person to see, but the Neurologue wo has come recommended in Lyon has a wait until October, so she must be doing something right. I am not sure about citizens advice, but finding the forums good...to a degree, if not a little confusing if you read too much.
My problem is I have been off work for 7 months, and now I am back am not wanting to abuse work, as they have been so good. I know a trip to Nantes may help, but it would involve 2 or 3 days off of work at a time to fit in with the consultant, whenin my job is not easy to do.
Rosemary

Post by Rosemary »

Hi Purdy

October does seem a long way off at the moment - all you can do while waiting is to keep keeping it as a goal - well that's what i do with each appointment.

My pain is in one vulva not sure which nerves involved - i have seen Dr Greenslade in Bristol - i have not gone back to a seasonal job i once had - too much running around - it doesn't help with my motivation now - i hope your job continue to be kind to you whatever happens.

I hope others will answer you soon if you go down the surgery route - i have only been referred back to pain management for now.

The forum may help you make decisions - there are some lovely informative people on here.

for now

Rosemary
Violet M

Post by Violet M »

Purdy, I've not heard of the physician in Lyon who you mentioned but our list is not all-inclusive since there are new docs treating PN. Last I knew, there is an active French forum so if you know anyone who speaks French who could check on that forum for you, you might be able to find out more information about the Lyon doctor there.

It would be interesting to know what surgery approach this physician uses and how many surgeries she has done. Those are questions you would want to ask. With Prof Robert you can be sure he has experience -- my guess is he has done more PNE surgeries than anyone in the world.

Violet
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.

Return to “CAUSES & EFFECTS OF PUDENDAL NEURALGIA”