vaccination hapatite B? Urgent question.

Many physical activites such as sports, pelvic surgery, etc can all contribute to PN
alexm

vaccination hapatite B? Urgent question.

Post by alexm »

Hello everyone,

This is knid of an urgent question as I will be having a hip scope for fai and a labral tear and I noticed that I am not vaccinated against hepatitis
B. I have read once or twice that this hepatitis B vaccination has "caused" PN. Does anyone have any information about this?

I found this site which talks about the problem: http://www.revahb.fr/Liste-des-accident ... ite-B.html

It's in French but if you scroll down there are loads of studies (about neuropathy and or fibromyalgia for example) in English. Worring?

Does anyone have any more information???

Much love
Al
I'm 37. Pain started suddenly in 2005 after heavy physical work. Had a two year period without pain between 2007 and 2009. Pain came back 2010 (too much yoga) and I finally got a diagnosis. Too many cortisone shots! No long term relief.I Don’t take many meds as pain rarely goes above 3 or 4. 2mg of valium once or twice a month. Recently diagnosed with bilateral fai and labral tears. Right side hip scope in July 2013...Second left side scope planned for later in the year...
HerMajesty

Re: vaccination hapatite B? Urgent question.

Post by HerMajesty »

I wouldn't be concerned unless there is real scientific evidence (meaning controlled epidemiological studies confirmed by other controlled epidemiological studies). A couple of principles of the Scienctific Method which is often lost in public vaccine scares are that correlation does not equal causation, that is, because two things occasionally (or even always) happen within the same time frame does not mean that one caused the other; and that anecdotal evidence is not scientific proof ("anecdotal" as in an "anecdote", or "story": This person did this and that and then this happened").
The ultimate example is probably the "vaccines cause autism' hysteria. There were numerous correlations because a major cluster of childhood vaccines is given around the age that autistic developmental delays begin to become observable to parents - compounded by the fact that autistic people as a group tend to have more allergies and sensitivities and hence are more likely to have negative physical reactions to the vaccines - This leads to the anectdotal evidence: "my child was fine then he got those shots and got really sick but after that we started noticing odd behavior". Unfortunately with autsim, one of the 1st "scientific" studies to come out "proved" causation due to a crooked scientist looking to get famous who falsified his data - the publishing journal has fully retracted the article and larger epidemiological studies have shown no link. But many people continue to fear the childhood vaccines because they got caught up in the folklore and don't understand the science.
Here is the USA healtcare workers of any kind have the vaccine, and now children get it routinely in infancy. My whole family has had it (2 kids and 2 health care workers), and I am the only one with PN, the timing being like this: Got pelvic pain syndrome 1985, got hep B shots 1996, got PN 2004 after childbirth. So I can't possible link the vaccine and the disorder. I am sure a few people can link the two anecdotally; However I do not believe any scientific link can be made. PN is still rare in spite of widespread, almost universal vaccination against Hep B in the USA at this time. It continues to be extremely rare in children; and if there was a causative relationship, we should have seen a spike of PN in young children after infant vaccination for Heb B was introduced in the '90's.
pelvic pain started 1985 age 14 interstitial cystitis. Refused medical care from age 17, did GREAT with self care for years.
2004 PN started gradually, disabled by 2009. Underlying cause SIJD & Tarlov cysts
improved with PT & meds: neurontin, valium, nortriptyline, propanolol. (off nortriptyline & propanolol now, yay!)
Tarlov cyst surgery with Dr. Frank Feigenbaum March 20, 2012.
Results have been excellent so far; but I won't know my final functional level for a couple of years.
alexm

Post by alexm »

Thanks for you post. I am pretty much of the same opinion, but I didi find a lot of information about MS and hep B vacinations. Who knows... They only wy to know for sure is to run a multitude of clinical trials which are not sponsored by the drug companies.
I'm 37. Pain started suddenly in 2005 after heavy physical work. Had a two year period without pain between 2007 and 2009. Pain came back 2010 (too much yoga) and I finally got a diagnosis. Too many cortisone shots! No long term relief.I Don’t take many meds as pain rarely goes above 3 or 4. 2mg of valium once or twice a month. Recently diagnosed with bilateral fai and labral tears. Right side hip scope in July 2013...Second left side scope planned for later in the year...
Violet M

Post by Violet M »

Alex, I've never heard of hepB vaccine causing PN. I had zero problems with my hepB vaccines and employees where I work get them on a regular basis with no problems. Occasionally we hear of someone having a bad reaction to Botox or to injected steroids, so it might not be wise to say that no one ever reacts to hepB vaccine but I think it's highly unlikely that you will have a problem with it.

Violet
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.

Return to “CAUSES & EFFECTS OF PUDENDAL NEURALGIA”