Does PN have triggers that make it worse?

Many physical activites such as sports, pelvic surgery, etc can all contribute to PN
momof3bigguys

Does PN have triggers that make it worse?

Post by momof3bigguys »

i have been scowering the internet for information as to what i might have and i am very sure that i have some type of pudendal nerve issue..
i have an appt with a PT next month and 'putting all my eggs in that basket' as far as dianoises..
this has been going on for 8 months .TONS of tests and one explortory surgery..
it started off with burning/itching and PAIN ! unbeleiveable pain..
ive kept a journal from the start of all this and i have noticed that some days and WEEKS are worse than others?
it seems like it flares up?? it's always BURNING ,but sometimes its almost UNBEARABLE!! :cry: yesterday i was in tears it burned so bad..
(my hubby and i fulled around yesterday morning)
i clean houses for a living and somedays after work im miserable..
it seems like there are 'triggers' that make this worse..one is sitting..
i took my boys to the movies last night and sitting was very hard!!!..i had to get up and walk around during the movie.. :(

my dr put me on nurtonin and i took it for about a week..the side affects were awful..i had to discontinue it due to the fact that i started having tremors on it..;(
so they have since given me tramodol so far its just like taking tylnol or advil ..barley touches this!!
what other meds are good for this?
Violet M

Re: Does PN have triggers that make it worse?

Post by Violet M »

Mom, sometimes a combo of drugs is more effective than just one -- like lyrica and cymbalta together. Some people get less side effects with lyrica than with neurontin. Tegretol is another one that works for some people. It's really a matter of trial and error but it can be difficult to get through that trial and error period where you are trying to figure out what meds work for you. You can check out the medications page on the HOPE website: http://www.pudendalhope.info/node/20

Violet
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.

Return to “CAUSES & EFFECTS OF PUDENDAL NEURALGIA”