can a EMG make symptoms feel worse?

Many physical activites such as sports, pelvic surgery, etc can all contribute to PN
momof3bigguys

can a EMG make symptoms feel worse?

Post by momof3bigguys »

i had a EMG and skin biopsy with a neuromuscular dr this past monday and ever since my symptoms have been MUCH worse..
the feeling of something stuck in my vagina is just awful!! the burning and itching when i sit is unbearable! (although its always bad when i sit) this is
just worse now?? they did a standard EMG on my leg?? why would my symptoms be worse now? or maybe it's just a concidence? :?:
Rosemary

Re: can a EMG make symptoms feel worse?

Post by Rosemary »

Guess the nerves have been irritated a bit more and its all connected to your leg - hope this fades off. I too have burning. itching and the hot poker in the vagina - why the hell do our bodies do this.

Take care

Rosemary x
momof3bigguys

Post by momof3bigguys »

yeah it just stinks ..feels like our bodies have betrade us.. :( do you feel like something is stuck in there as well??

thank i hope so too!!
have a wonderful holiday weekend!!
Violet M

Post by Violet M »

momof3bigguys wrote: they did a standard EMG on my leg?? why would my symptoms be worse now? or maybe it's just a concidence? :?:
Was the procedure painful? Maybe your muscles tensed up as a result and put more pressure on the nerve. Or if you already have central nervous system wind-up the procedure could have contributed more to the problem. Hopefully this will be a temporary flare-up and you will be able to calm things down with ice, extra meds, etc.

Violet
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.
momof3bigguys

Post by momof3bigguys »

it wasnt to painful! uncomfortable,but not painful..it's been 8 days since my emg and it still feels bad..;( i dont know how having that test could have given me such a set back..;(
the vaginal area BURNS and feels like something is stuck in there ..;( could this PN come and go or is it something that starts off and then get worse over time?? ugh!! i have an appt with a PT next month HOPING and PRAYING for some answers to what i have..ive gone almost 8 months just being pushed from dr to dr with NO dianoisis..im so depressed over this i just want to know what the heck is wrong already...
i clean houses for a living and i think my job is making this WORSE everytime im done for the day im more miserable then i am during the weekend..

Return to “CAUSES & EFFECTS OF PUDENDAL NEURALGIA”