support group?

This is where we will make important announcements, accept offers of helpful tips from members, and a place for questions and discussion regarding website and forum operations and procedures.
Our Code of Conduct is also viewable here.
niki

support group?

Post by niki »

Does anyone know of any support group in the san diego area? I just finished reading Gilda Radners book and the thing that I most took away was the relief she got by being in a support group. Talking and hearing about people going through simiar experiences helped her not only face her problems, but sometimes would offer help from an unlikely source. I keep getting mired. Most days still angry, but then wanting to move on, but not being able to adjust my lifestyle accordingly. The days that I feel better I resort to the "old me", and then do too much, and retreat to a tens unit, pills or sleep. I have tried lots of psychotherapy, but since most of the time the doctors are unfamiliar with this affliction, they spend their time trying to fit me into a box.

Thanks
Rosemary

Re: support group?

Post by Rosemary »

Hi Niki

Have you read Her Majesty's idea about breaking your own patient confidentiality in order to find someone else locally in a similar situation.

I asked the physcologist i am seeing if she had a similar patient to me - her answer was no so i am going to ask at my next pain management appointment. They won't be able to direct me to anyone because of that persons confidentiality but if i break my confidentiality someone may come to me - it is worth a try.i think this is what Her Majesty meant.

Rosemary x
knitwit

Post by knitwit »

Gilda's book is one of the best books I have ever read. There is no doubt if some of us could sit with each other face to face, would be wonderful. But for some of us
just getting out of bed and making a Dr's appt. is a huge task! I am thankful for this board, and the many friends I have made here, in the U.S. and overseas. I don't know
what I would do without them. But, I agree, it would be great to be able to get to such a meeting! It would be worth all the pain meds I would have to take to get there! :D :D
knitting keeps me sane!
janetm2

Post by janetm2 »

FYImy PT group is starting some thinfs such asasking if I would talk to someone that was suggested to surgery and then they put up a signup for support groups. Definitely impotant I miss my chronic pain buddy - my brother that died in Nov but havenot found a replacementt. Thoses here are great!
Janet
2007-08 pelvic muscles spasms treated by EGS. 6/27/10 sat too long on hard chair- spasms, EGS not work Botox help, cortisone shots in coccyx help, still pain, PT found PNE & sent me to Dr Marvel nerve blocks & MRN, TG left surgery 5/9/11. I have chronic bunion pain surgery at age 21. TG gave me back enough sitting to keep my job & join in some social activities. I wish the best to everyone! 2019 luck with orthotics from pedorthist & great PT allowing me to get off oxycodone.
rugby

Post by rugby »

Hi Niki,
I am in Temecula. Would love to talk.

Return to “ANNOUNCEMENTS & COMMUNITY”