Can a belt do harm

Many physical activites such as sports, pelvic surgery, etc can all contribute to PN
lightmail

Can a belt do harm

Post by lightmail »

Hello everyone....I spend 23 hours a day in bed. About 9 hours on my sides at bedtime and the rest in my living room on my second queen size lying flat on my back. I wear levies genes with no belt on. I forgot to remove my belt last nite after dinner and layed on it for 4 hours. Now I can't sit more than 5 minutes in car without pain coming on quickly whereas the day before I could go for trip to hospital to see my daughter which would take about a half hour without the pain getting really bad. My rectal pain is worse and feels different. My buttocks feel muscularily sore and I had several stabbing ,like with a knife to my lower right abdomen upper groin area. The belt was probably at the top of the crack of my rear end. I don't know where the pudendal nerve is exactly. Could the belt have caused this problem and do you think it could be permanet. Thank you..
helenlegs 11

Re: Can a belt do harm

Post by helenlegs 11 »

I wouldn't think that wearing a belt could case any permanent damage at all lightmail.
I know I have tried a sacroiliac belt and can't wear one as it presses on my piriformis muscles which is where my problem arises. These muscles are at a similar position to where you describe your belt being btw, I don't know if you have tried any easy piriformis stretches at all, they may help.
Everyone reacts to their problem differently, but I can't see any positives in spending 23 hours in bed with this problem. I do think you could be inviting more issues by not moving much. I would suggest some easy activity, avoiding sitting if that is the main pain problem obviously and then resting, then repeating this through the day. Pacing works tremendously, as I know from the days I don't/can't do it :( Although I always recover with time to base line pain.
I would be very worried for anyone who doesn't use their whole bodies to some extent on a daily basis; duvet days ;) and flu or the like are exceptions of course. It is a question of use it or loose it. Loosing it is only going to cause more difficulties. I hope that you can readjust your day, what medication can or are you taking?

Abdomen stabbing pain would probably not have anything to do with the piriformis muscle however, although the buttock soreness you describe and groin pain could well be associated with this muscle.
Helen
Fall 2008. Misdiagnosed with lumber spine problem. MRN June 2010 indicated pudendal entrapment at Alcocks canal. Diagnosed with complex variant piriformis syndrome with sciatic, pudendal and gluteal entrapment's by Dr Filler 2010.Guided piriformis botox injection 2011 Bristol. 2013, Nerve conduction test positive; new spinal MRI scan negative, so diagnosed for the 4th time with pelvic nerve entrapment, now recognised as Sciatic, pudendal, PFCN and cluneal nerves at piriformis level.

Return to “CAUSES & EFFECTS OF PUDENDAL NEURALGIA”