Mobility aids - crutches?

Here we can discuss difficulties with comfort in sitting and normal living - cushions, bicycle seats, car seats, work stations etc.
Violet M

Re: Mobility aids - crutches?

Post by Violet M »

Calluna, what about a walker with wheels? Would that take enough weight off your leg? It would be a little easier on the arm pits.

Violet
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.
calluna

Re: Mobility aids - crutches?

Post by calluna »

Good thought Violet. I've considered one of those, but there are several reasons why they won't work too well for me. I'm not going with the underarm crutches though, I am going to try the elbow ones.

The real problem with a walker is that I don't have the upper body strength to support my own weight in that way. I still cannot do a single pushup or pullup although I can support my own weight hanging from a pullup bar for a lot longer than I used to be able to manage. I'm working on it...

Why it hurts when I move or put weight on the right leg - I have been thinking about this. When I move the leg there is very sharp pain along the line of the edge of the mesh on that side. Perhaps it has moved some more? - I know it is not in the same place where it was originally placed - or maybe the scar tissue/adhesions have grown or shifted in some way? - externally the area feels lumpy and puffy in a way that it did not use to, also very tender to the touch, which again did not use to be the case.

I am no anatomist. I am wondering if moving the leg would normally cause any associated movement or tension in the pelvic floor? Perhaps rigidity is the problem - meaning the sheet of mesh and the concomitant scar tissue?

Return to “SEATING & PHYSICAL LIFESTYLE ADAPTATIONS”