Dr. Dellon

Welcome to HOPE. We have tried to provide a place for newcomers to make their introductions. We will try our best to make you welcome and guide you through our website and Forum and assist you as best as we can through any questions you have regarding Pudendal Neuralgia.
flyer28

Re: Dr. Dellon

Post by flyer28 »

The only alternative to dr. Dellon surgery is dr.Aszmann.
His record is somewhat better, there are patients who were cured/improved by his dorsal nerve decompression surgery.
dr. Aszmann is very caring, professional and competent.
However, the decision to undergo dorsal nerve decompression is not easy and there is no definitive proof of the efficiency of this method.
If you can handle your pain with conservative methods, do it. If you are on the edge, operation made by dr. Aszmann might be a way out.
summer 2009 - episodic post ejaculatory pain,
early 2010- major flare-up, chronification
february 2011 - ESCW wave. major flare-up, lasting 5 months
february 2012 - diagnosed CPPS with irritation of pudendal nerve, hypog. plexus block
june 2012 - dorsal nerve block, no relief
2013 - starting PT with moderate results
2014-2017 better periods interchanging with heavy flare ups
2018 first long remission (several months)
2019-2023 most of the time almost assymptomatic with cca 2 flare ups yearly
Violet M

Post by Violet M »

Flyer, are you still planning on surgery? If so, all the best to you. ;)

Violet
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.
flyer28

Post by flyer28 »

Violet, for this moment, I abandoned the idea of operation, Risks are too heavy.
But now I am struggling pretty much, and dont know what I will do if my condition will further deteriorate.
Toughest decision of my life.
summer 2009 - episodic post ejaculatory pain,
early 2010- major flare-up, chronification
february 2011 - ESCW wave. major flare-up, lasting 5 months
february 2012 - diagnosed CPPS with irritation of pudendal nerve, hypog. plexus block
june 2012 - dorsal nerve block, no relief
2013 - starting PT with moderate results
2014-2017 better periods interchanging with heavy flare ups
2018 first long remission (several months)
2019-2023 most of the time almost assymptomatic with cca 2 flare ups yearly
Violet M

Post by Violet M »

Flyer, I understand. Making a decision was agony for me. If you could only know that it would turn out for the best, right?

Violet
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.
Karyn

Post by Karyn »

flyer28 wrote:Toughest decision of my life.
Violet M wrote:Flyer, I understand. Making a decision was agony for me.
Oh, boy! Me, too! But I really wasn't attached to a "cure" when making the decision. I viewed it more of a chance. Flyer, I think you're in more of a precarious situation though, with the dorsal entrapment. I do agree with you about Dr. Aszmann, and wish you the best with whatever you decide.
Kind regards,
Karyn
Ultra Sound in 03/08 showed severely retroverted, detaching uterus with mulitple fibroids and ovarian cysts.
Pressure and pain in lower abdomen and groin area was unspeakable and devastating.
Total lap hysterectomy in 06/08, but damage was already done.
EMG testing in NH in 04/10 - bilateral PN and Ilioinguals
3T MRI at HSS, NY in 09/10
Bilateral TG surgery with Dr. Conway on 03/29/11. Bilat ilioinguinal & iliohypogastric neurectomy 03/12. TCD surgery 04/14.
davemon1953

Post by davemon1953 »

I saw him a year ago. quoted $30k fro surgery. I left with the impression he is all about the money. would never go back.

Return to “WELCOME CENTER”