Birth Control Pill reduced vaginal burning?

Discuss different Pain Management Options; Medication options including side effects and Worldwide variances in names etc.
SirensCurse

Birth Control Pill reduced vaginal burning?

Post by SirensCurse »

Has anyone hear reported less vaginal burning with the use of birth control pills? I told my gyno that I have increased vaginal burning when I get closer to my period, and when I ovulate. She felt that sprintek would be worth a try. Whether or not it stops my period IDK, time will only tell.
Over a year ago I tried Kelnor for 2 months. It did not stop my period
Dave

Re: Birth Control Pill reduced vaginal burning?

Post by Dave »

Interesting. There is a fair amount of research on estrogen receptors in the nervous system modulating pain.
Faith

Post by Faith »

I have increased pain at the same times of cycle you mentioned. I have tried birth control on two separate occasions only to have increased pain. Reserach for vulvodynia shows that women do better without birth control as low estrogen levels seem to increase pain. I have found that I feel better when my estrogen levels are higher (some research shows that estrogen actually helps with pain control) so since birth control that is available these days is low dose estrogen it causes me to feel all month like I do normally right before my period. But it's an easy thing to try and you could always respond differently than I did.
-11/08 vulvodynia began around conception of first & only pregnancy
-3/10 sacral/sitting pain began after SIJD manipulation
-Progressive widespread pain- central sensitization
-PT, meds, injections, botox, ESWT = debilitated.
-5/12 Potter MRI - scarring of left ST, coccygeous & posterior alcock
-12/12 - left FAI/labral hip tear surgery
2014-2019 managed w/ gabapentin, massage, and lifestyle mod
2020 - big flare up
www.thepurposeofpain.blogspot.com
SirensCurse

Post by SirensCurse »

Over a year ago when I tried Zovia for 2 months I thought I felt a bit less vaginal burning before my period. The thing is it didn't change the flow of my period. If I remember correctly it caused me to be about 1 week late the first month but. nothing else changed. I wonder how this one will effect me. I'm happy to know its free with my insurance.
SirensCurse

Post by SirensCurse »

No one else has anything to say about this? I started taking them 2 days ago. So far I haven't noticed any reduction in period provoked vaginal burning.
janetm2

Post by janetm2 »

Sorry I cannot help you as my pain is literally a pain in the a.. and luckily not the vaginal burning.
2007-08 pelvic muscles spasms treated by EGS. 6/27/10 sat too long on hard chair- spasms, EGS not work Botox help, cortisone shots in coccyx help, still pain, PT found PNE & sent me to Dr Marvel nerve blocks & MRN, TG left surgery 5/9/11. I have chronic bunion pain surgery at age 21. TG gave me back enough sitting to keep my job & join in some social activities. I wish the best to everyone! 2019 luck with orthotics from pedorthist & great PT allowing me to get off oxycodone.
Jax87

Post by Jax87 »

I was told to stop birth control pills to help with vulvodynia. I haven't been on them in over a year, and it may have helped. Evidently some types of birth control pills mess with the estrogen levels in your vaginal tissues and can cause pain. I know that it hurts worse when I get my period. That's all I can offer. Good luck!
Started with vulva itching 2/11. Diagnosed as vulvodynia and then PN in 01/12. Progressed to sitting pain and constant burning. Received 4 nerve blocks with only temporary relief, did year of pelvic PT before being diagnosed with bilateral FAI and hip labral tears 7/12. Did orthopedic PT 1.5 years. 3/13 Arthroscopic hip surgery at HSS with Dr. Kelly. Take cymbalta and lyrica daily. About 97% better than worst point thanks to combo of surgery and meds. Yay!

Return to “PAIN MANAGEMENT & MEDICATIONS”