Returning to Ireland with PNE Where do I begin--HELP

Treatment options for UK & Irish members; including VHI & HSE criteria for funding and E112 Applications etc.
lexie

Returning to Ireland with PNE Where do I begin--HELP

Post by lexie »

Hello All,

Lexie here,

Iam returning to Ireland withPNE and need to find PNE"ers in Ireland as its as lonely as hell and scarey last time I was at home.
If theres no one in ireland can anyone in the UK help me with the irish end of this but I would imagine its different in the UK and I really need to connect with Irish persons with this and who know what I should od. I will not have a laptop or computer when I return only can go into town to oncea week to check on free ones in town where I live.

I went back for 2 years to take care of my mom and my pne returned. In terrible pain crying went to the ER culd not help and had ot get on aplane to the USA cos I have no health insurance in Ireland or income.My 2 years habitual residency ws almost up and then PNE pain. I could not go to UK or France b/c no inusrance etc.

Can anyone tell me or help me where in gods name do I begin to try and see uk or french dr.s with no healthinsurance at all in ireland and if theres some kind of process what is it. Do I need HSE first or VHI which seems expensivw. I have treid to find this out especailly with PNe or basic health insurance but PNE is more important.
I cannot afford pain meds either over there or here now. I am returning in January.
I APPRECIATE ANY HELP COS RIGHT NOW THIS PAIN IS unbearlble and no pain meds help.
Violet M

Re: Returning to Ireland with PNE Where do I begin--HELP

Post by Violet M »

Lexie -- maybe Maeve Whelan could give you some advice. She's on the Ireland PT list that you can access from the homepage.

Violet
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.
Amanda

Re: Returning to Ireland with PNE Where do I begin--HELP

Post by Amanda »

Hi Lexie

Sorry I have been busy and not seen your posts till now.
Why dont you send me an email and I can arrange to talk to you on the phone and give you as much info as I can manage about the Irish Systems?
Hang in there.
PNE started 2003 following Vaginal Hysterectomy, pelvic floor repair and right oophorectomy; eventually after many tests had BilateralTG surgery Nantes 2004; following this tried many other treatments including 7 day epidural, ketamin infusions to no avail; Trialed and was implanted with a Neurostimulator in 2007- Dr Van Buyten Belgium, this has enabled me to manage my pain much better.

Return to “UK & IRELAND”