Australian Physios treating PN

List of Physiotherapists Worldwide; Techniques & Education to educate Physio's who are not PN aware, etc
Mod8

Australian Physios treating PN

Post by Mod8 »

catherine a

Re: Australian Physios treating PN

Post by catherine a »

Peter Dornan Physio. from Brisbane has just sent me this message: He will inform me whether it works or not. One way or the other he'd like to let us know that he is working very hard on treating PN.

Dear Catherine,
Dr Aaron Filler from Pasadena has written an enlightening article on MRN to help diagnose and treat PNE. He insists he can isolate the entrapment to four different areas. (Neurosurg Focus 26 (2):E9,2009)
The radiation chap I’m working with says he is convinced after comparing the results his imaging is 4 times better than Fillers. We are both keen to start work.

In relation to your injury, exercise and maintenance of correct posture only will take you so far. Until the pelvis is realigned by a competent therapist, you may not get the best results possible.
However, persevere.

Regards

Peter
2004 PNE following vag. hysterectomy and A & P repair. 2007 TIR surgery France. severe entrapment at Alcocks canal & SS ligaments . Have my life back. 90% cured.No longer have medical appts.or physio.Some pain remains but is tolerable. 2012 Flew from Australia to the UK without pain flare. Very manageable. Almost back to normal. Now hold support group meetings at KEMH Subiaco Perth WA. Every 2nd Sat. of the month. Still pace my activities. PN doesn't dominate any more.
bindy15

Post by bindy15 »

Hi Catherine

This is very exciting news, Peter is an excellent communicator and has emailed me several times... including detailed suggestions for my physio here in New Zealand. How cool that these issues are starting to be addressed so much closer to home, who would have believed it ! Thanks for the update :D

Jude
PNE from cycling. Surgery with Prof Vancaillie, Sydney Australia 2008.
Very much improved
Judith

Post by Judith »

Hey Bindy. Just saying Hey. Hadn't seen ya in a while.
More formal around here since I deferred to you and I am now Judith. So you better be quite proper with me, lady, ok ? ;)

JUDITH !!!
bindy15

Post by bindy15 »

Hi Judith !!!!

Did you get my PM ???

Jude
Very much improved
Judith

Post by Judith »

Hey Jude

Nope, no PM. Just checked again too

Judith
catherine a

Post by catherine a »

Hi Jude, glad to see you on the new site. How are you going? I'm feeling a lot better since doing Peter's stretching exercises. Will update in Case updates.
hope you are well and getting better.

Catherine
2004 PNE following vag. hysterectomy and A & P repair. 2007 TIR surgery France. severe entrapment at Alcocks canal & SS ligaments . Have my life back. 90% cured.No longer have medical appts.or physio.Some pain remains but is tolerable. 2012 Flew from Australia to the UK without pain flare. Very manageable. Almost back to normal. Now hold support group meetings at KEMH Subiaco Perth WA. Every 2nd Sat. of the month. Still pace my activities. PN doesn't dominate any more.
bindy15

Post by bindy15 »

Catherine

Your updates are just sounding so good, this is fantastic news.

Peter Dornan emailed me his exercises a year or so ago and I took them to my physio here, I will re-read a post of yours and figure out which exercise you were describing. Isn't it soooooo cool to be in a good patch, keep it up,

Did you visit Peter ?

J
Very much improved
catherine a

Post by catherine a »

Jude,

I didn't visit Peter in Brisbane. He emailed me the exercises. I don't do all of them at once, just a few in the morning and evening. No more than 10 mins.
I'm walking 4 kms 3 days per week now which is helping. I couldn't even walk 500 metres these past 6 years. I was out at a function the other night and played bowls on a Wii monitor. It was such fun but I woke up at 2am and had to take anti-inflammatory painkillers as my muscles were screaming out. I was fine the next day. I feel a great sense of achievement these days. So great for the spirit........

I hope everyone can reach these goals too. I think we've all realised that we can't rush this recovery time. The more I try to push things, the more pain I end up having. Slow and easy keep on the move is my motto.
I hoping one day to see 100% cure. It hasn't happened yet but I'm hopeful all the same.

How are you progressing yourself?

Catherine
Mod8

Post by Mod8 »

Pudendal Nerve MRI in Brisbane:

Dominic Kennedy | MRI Coordinator | Queensland X-Ray
Ph:07 34210421 | Mob: 0407925238 | Fax: 07 38475014 | E-mail: dominic.kennedy@qldxray.com.au

Return to “PHYSIOTHERAPY”