Electric Shocks after walking?

Dr Thierry Vancaillie
Violet M

Re: Electric Shocks after walking?

Post by Violet M »

I walk several miles a day, including uphill but I can't work out like I used to because of bad ligaments. I can use light upper body weights but nothing that strains the pelvic ligaments.

I guess after spending several years mostly in bed it's hard to feel down because I am just so happy to be able to sit and work again. I know I don't look as great as I used to when I was working out (I'm thin like you and trying to gain weight) but one of my friends at work is trying to lose weight and last week she said "I just want to look like you" :lol: :lol: Well, I guess the grass is always greener on the other side of the fence.

Violet
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.
Leilaa

Post by Leilaa »

funny lol

thnx :)
Leilaa

Post by Leilaa »

Can I also ask a personal question if u guys dont mind .... Are u guys able to have sex without a problem or it depends on the day? or every time is bed? or no issues?

I read in the forum plenty having a problem due to the nerve... Is there anyone without any problems?
Jackson

Post by Jackson »

Leilaa wrote:Can I also ask a personal question if u guys dont mind .... Are u guys able to have sex without a problem or it depends on the day? or every time is bed? or no issues?

I read in the forum plenty having a problem due to the nerve... Is there anyone without any problems?
Hi Leila,

No sex because of increase in pain lasting weeks. No go zone!!!

Jackson
janetm2

Post by janetm2 »

Sadly since all these issues started I never even tried having sex. I went to a new doctor and when she asked I said it could be 2009 between the spasms or 2007? She asked if my husband was okay with this and I told her he does not want to hurt me and just wants me to get better. That is the focus although I am sure he misses it but with the Italian brothers I have as we joke he would not dare hurt me! We have watched too many mafia movies. Maybe after the next few years of nerve recovery and settling down the pain will subside and we can try it out. Sorry I do not have better news on that.
Janet
2007-08 pelvic muscles spasms treated by EGS. 6/27/10 sat too long on hard chair- spasms, EGS not work Botox help, cortisone shots in coccyx help, still pain, PT found PNE & sent me to Dr Marvel nerve blocks & MRN, TG left surgery 5/9/11. I have chronic bunion pain surgery at age 21. TG gave me back enough sitting to keep my job & join in some social activities. I wish the best to everyone! 2019 luck with orthotics from pedorthist & great PT allowing me to get off oxycodone.
Leilaa

Post by Leilaa »

thnx janet.

After 10 days of back pain and some I took 15mg mobic capsule... 99% of the symptoms vanished but Im wondering how I will feel 2moro.... I just want to.sleep abit... Haven"t been sleeping well from back pain.. but the painkillers really worked Wowie.. Its a nice feeling. my private areas dont hurt anymore .. Im only getting tiny pain thats like once an hour.. Is this how the painkillers work for all ? Its my first experience with painkillers..
calluna

Post by calluna »

Mobic is a trade name for meloxicam, which is a non steroidal anti-inflammatory.

Really glad you are getting pain relief with this, Leilaa! This stuff does not really affect pain coming from nerves so the fact that it has helped you is an indication that perhaps the nerve is not what is causing your pain.

Anyway - result! :D
Leilaa

Post by Leilaa »

Does that mean I may not have PNE?

I Only had 1 mobic yesterday and I still feel good. I hope the feeling never comes back but I can feel the med slowly losing its effect.

Don"t any of u feel numb or pain free with the painkillers?. This is the only thing made me feel normal again.
janetm2

Post by janetm2 »

For me painkillers just take the edge off but not get rid of the pain. I am flared from standing after a long day and waiting for my ride. Honest mistake for switching the time but it did me in. I took a tramadol and not sure that is helping much so by bedtime I will take an oxycodone-APAP 5-325mg.
Janet
2007-08 pelvic muscles spasms treated by EGS. 6/27/10 sat too long on hard chair- spasms, EGS not work Botox help, cortisone shots in coccyx help, still pain, PT found PNE & sent me to Dr Marvel nerve blocks & MRN, TG left surgery 5/9/11. I have chronic bunion pain surgery at age 21. TG gave me back enough sitting to keep my job & join in some social activities. I wish the best to everyone! 2019 luck with orthotics from pedorthist & great PT allowing me to get off oxycodone.
calluna

Post by calluna »

Me too, Janet - still taking slow release tramadol every day, plus 10 mg oxycodone when it gets bad. Anti-inflammatories do not touch it and to be honest I am not bothering with paracetamol/acetaminophen as that does not touch it either. I was better before this last op - since then I think the only time I have been completely pain free was right after the surgery when I was on ketamine.

Leilaa - what does your doctor say about your pain? If you are getting good relief from Mobic (meloxicam) then that's really excellent, I think that ought to mean that there is an excellent chance that you will recover completely.

Return to “AUSTRALIA & NEW ZEALAND”