Varicoceles

Many physical activites such as sports, pelvic surgery, etc can all contribute to PN
Datboy333

Varicoceles

Post by Datboy333 »

I was wondering if anyone has varicoceles (enlarged veins in testicles) because I do. I was wondering if this could be the cause for my pain. The varicoceles appeared the same day I began having pain in 2010. I have read that varicoceles can irritate nearby nerves. I'm going for my 3rd embolization on the 25th of October. Does anyone else have varicoceles and pelvic pain ? Has anyone had success with removing the varicoceles ?
Violet M

Re: Varicoceles

Post by Violet M »

If you type the word "embolization" into the search bar at the top right of the page you will find some posts by other patients on their experience with varicoceles and embolizations. I just scanned through them and unfortunately it looks like none of them were successful.

Violet
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.
flyer28

Post by flyer28 »

Accordin to what I know, the succes rate of embolization is very low.
summer 2009 - episodic post ejaculatory pain,
early 2010- major flare-up, chronification
february 2011 - ESCW wave. major flare-up, lasting 5 months
february 2012 - diagnosed CPPS with irritation of pudendal nerve, hypog. plexus block
june 2012 - dorsal nerve block, no relief
2013 - starting PT with moderate results
2014-2017 better periods interchanging with heavy flare ups
2018 first long remission (several months)
2019-2023 most of the time almost assymptomatic with cca 2 flare ups yearly
broken580

Post by broken580 »

(Soma) and Cyclobenzaprine (Flexeril) and it seems to alleviate my pain.
since it is a muscle relaxer could it be used as a diagnose to indicate the difference between then (Pelvic floor tightness vs Entrapment)?
broken580
Violet M

Post by Violet M »

broken580 wrote:(Soma) and Cyclobenzaprine (Flexeril) and it seems to alleviate my pain.
since it is a muscle relaxer could it be used as a diagnose to indicate the difference between then (Pelvic floor tightness vs Entrapment)?
Hello Broken,

I've heard that theory mentioned before -- I don't know if there is any scientific evidence behind it but it's an interesting theory. Most people with pudendal nerve entrapment also have pelvic floor tightness so it seems flexeril might relieve your pain to some extent for either pelvic floor tightness or entrapment -- although it did not help me much with pain. Valium is another muscle relaxer that some people with PN/PNE have found helpful.

Violet
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.
paininmybutt

Post by paininmybutt »

I started out with testicular pain followed by just such a scenario. It did not change the issue. I sometimes wonder based on my experience if the expanding of my pain had something to do with the actual treatment of the circulatory system. One thing that could have an effect on PNE/PN is treatment may in fact atrophy muscles in the pelvic floor thereby facilitating entrapment. When they treated me I had several veins die off. After some time the veins tightend up to so much of an extent that I asked my Physician if breaking them would cause a problem :shock: . The hardend veins extended down my left thigh into my pelvis, and included veins into my penis. Get ready for this next part,....After recieving the all clear from the Dr. I literally grabbed the veins with my fingers, pulled them until they broke :shock: :shock: . I had to as when I would have an erection it would pull to such an extent it would hurt,...hurt far more than breaking them :shock: :lol: . Breaking them in an of themselves was not all that painful, but was definately an experience I will never forget. It was like tearing ligament's with no nerve endings from deep tissue. My general physician had to grit his teeth when I told him about it.

It took some time before my internal thigh muscles were able to re-gain circulation.

Return to “CAUSES & EFFECTS OF PUDENDAL NEURALGIA”