Question about PN and Sex for women

Many physical activites such as sports, pelvic surgery, etc can all contribute to PN
Julia

Question about PN and Sex for women

Post by Julia »

Hi,

I have sort of a strange/embarassing question regarding orgasm in women with PN. Any input at all is appreciated!

I have never been able to achieve orgasm through stimulation of the clitoris. In fact, I never particularly enjoyed being touched there, always felt it was too sensitive. I could however achieve orgasm through intercourse. My interpretation of this is that I achieved orgasm through stimulation to the g spot. Sorry again for the explicit details here!

Ok, so for many years I was a sexually active adult and was not too worried about the fact that I didn't like having my clitoris touched. Fast forward to today and sex is painful, not at the "opening" of the vagina, but deep inside, where I imagine my gspot to be. And my clitoris is even more sensitive. I can no longer achieve orgasm, it is too painful.

So, my question is, do you think my PN troubles started long ago causing my clitoris to be too sensitive/innervated?

Just wondering...
Julia (Toronto) 31, female
Chronic pain since '09. Current symptoms: burning pain at left ischium when sitting, pelvic floor heaviness/tightness, cannot sleep on left side, pressure on bladder, pain worse with sitting/lifting anything heavy/pulling open doors, unable to wear tight pants, pain is intermittent; sometimes a dull ache, other times burning/pulling/pinching. Amitriptyline and ice helps. Diagnosed with labral hip tear 2014, considering surgery.
Violet M

Re: Question about PN and Sex for women

Post by Violet M »

Julia, I have no proof for this but I think that some people are born with a tendency toward PN problems and I know some of the docs think that too. So, I think what you are saying is entirely possible. We had another gal who used to post on the forum and she reported that she had never achieved orgasm -- until some months after she had PNE surgery from Bautrant. Although she claimed it was due to prayer that she was now able to achieve it but I think it's possible the surgery from Bautrant may have somehow released the nerve and made it possible. So who knows, really. :?:

Violet
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.
helenlegs 11

Post by helenlegs 11 »

Guess the only way to find out is to be 'cured' and be pudendal problem free (if only, eh! :) ) As Violet said, it is entirely possible and seems a very reasonable argument.
Take care,
Helen
Fall 2008. Misdiagnosed with lumber spine problem. MRN June 2010 indicated pudendal entrapment at Alcocks canal. Diagnosed with complex variant piriformis syndrome with sciatic, pudendal and gluteal entrapment's by Dr Filler 2010.Guided piriformis botox injection 2011 Bristol. 2013, Nerve conduction test positive; new spinal MRI scan negative, so diagnosed for the 4th time with pelvic nerve entrapment, now recognised as Sciatic, pudendal, PFCN and cluneal nerves at piriformis level.
Julia

Post by Julia »

Thanks for the responses ladies. So the pain that I have deep inside, how can I explain that to a doctor? I have tried looking at a diagram but I am not sure. The horrible thing about this is that because the spot is sore all the time, sex is no longer at all appealing to me. It's awful!
Chronic pain since '09. Current symptoms: burning pain at left ischium when sitting, pelvic floor heaviness/tightness, cannot sleep on left side, pressure on bladder, pain worse with sitting/lifting anything heavy/pulling open doors, unable to wear tight pants, pain is intermittent; sometimes a dull ache, other times burning/pulling/pinching. Amitriptyline and ice helps. Diagnosed with labral hip tear 2014, considering surgery.
Violet M

Post by Violet M »

One possible way to explain it to a doctor is from the viewpoint of a pelvic exam and looking into the vagina as into a clock. You can then tell the physician whether the pain is at 12:00 o'clock, 6:00 o'clock, etc. I know it's not a perfect analogy but in addition to where the pain is on the clock you can also take into account how deep it is -- approx 1 finger deep, etc.

Violet
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.
Julia

Post by Julia »

Thanks Violet, I'll try that next time I meet with my pain doctor.
AroraNightfire

Post by AroraNightfire »

I have never been able to reach an orgasm through my gspot. I've only been able to reach one through my clit. Vaginal friction causes raw pain. I've never been able to stand much sliding in and out. I don't think ill ever know if I was born with this problem and that it would unevitably become active due to my first sex act. I don't know if I was born normal and that fuck head about 9yrs ago fucked me up cause he was too fast and too hard. That question will forever eat away at me.

Return to “CAUSES & EFFECTS OF PUDENDAL NEURALGIA”