10 months post op.

Many physical activites such as sports, pelvic surgery, etc can all contribute to PN
river133

10 months post op.

Post by river133 »

Still in pain, patiently waiting for some improvment.. one of my siblings said, "are you not any better yet"?.. We went out to dinner one eve and I sat for about 20 minutes. So one of the people I was with,{my sister} told my other siblings that I was getting better because I was able to sit... How in the H--- do you explain to people . I finally said,, this is my own battle and I will tell you when I feel some improvment.... I also
said, I have 8 months to go, and hopefully then I will notice something,,, I can not give up the hope... I have to keep on hoping.. There is no way I can explain this to people that do not understand or have never been through this.... I put on a front continually This is not like a hip surgery or any joint.. People just do not know what is happening inside of our bodies..I sometimes feel guilty , thinking that maybe I am doing many things wrong ,, like bending etc...maybe that is why I do not notice improvement... the nerve is FREE... i need to keep remembering that... God is really testing me..... Ellie
Surgery Jan.05 2011 TG with Dr Antalok. Dr.Chambi May of 2012 showed injury from a fall on back, 11 years ago. My piriformis muscle caused a large amount of fibrosis .My sciatic nerve was growing through the piriformis muscle which caused a bifid p.muscle. . Dr Chambi decompressed the sciatic,pudendal,pfcn ,and peroneal nerves. I hope to have a nuerostimulator put in to help with the sciatic pain that never goes away. Most days are better with the pudendal if I do not sit at all.
donstore

Re: 10 months post op.

Post by donstore »

Ellie,
There's always hope. Improvement can take years sometimes. Thinking about you as you struggle to heal. Nobody knows what we go through. Are you still on any meds ?

Wishing You All the Best,

Don
Mild to moderate PN for 5 plus years, pain controlled by lyrica and opiates.
Nerve block (unguided) 9/10 Dr. Jerome Weiss - sciatica for 5 months but got numb in painful perineal/scrotal area - he diagnosed entrapment - but no more cortisone for me
Potter MRI 5/11 - rt STL entrapment of PN at Alcocks
Consult with Dr. Hibner Feb. 2012
Bilateral inguinal hernias diagnosed by dynamic ultrasound - surgery on 6/20/13
Feeling a little better, a few more months will tell
river133

Post by river133 »

Thank you Don, Yes I went back on a small amount of oxicodine.. as much as I didn't want to... gabapentine too seems to help some... I still walk every day.. that seems to be the best part of my day... :)
Surgery Jan.05 2011 TG with Dr Antalok. Dr.Chambi May of 2012 showed injury from a fall on back, 11 years ago. My piriformis muscle caused a large amount of fibrosis .My sciatic nerve was growing through the piriformis muscle which caused a bifid p.muscle. . Dr Chambi decompressed the sciatic,pudendal,pfcn ,and peroneal nerves. I hope to have a nuerostimulator put in to help with the sciatic pain that never goes away. Most days are better with the pudendal if I do not sit at all.
carolynm

Post by carolynm »

Ellie,

You said it right..........NO ONE can understand how horrific this is. Thank God for this forum where we can talk about how we feel to people who truly get it.

Enjoy every minute of your walks! I also love to be in the outdoors.

cari
PN after using pickaxe doing yardwork 6/11
Potter MRI: Scar tissue abutting L pudendal.
Hibner consult 10/11 w/ plan: 2 mo. PT
No meds work for me
PRF X 3 times in Denver ( was pain free for 5 months after second)
helen1000

Post by helen1000 »

Good luck with your recovery. I know how difficult it is to hear from family 'Are you better yet'. Sometimes I wish that my suffering looked more obvious ...
8 nerve blocks rel 6 w.Met Dr. Peters,Dr. Antolack.Dr. Peters pacemaker,Dr Antolack TG operation.Maigne s.Internal PT at Dr Peters Nothing.PFCN block rel 6 w. PFCN RFA.Nothing.SI joint RFA.Nothing.Left scar tissue removal.Good.SIJD. PT of SI joint ME, and Prolo of SI and PS.Lumbar spine facets turned left. ME. T10-12 facets too wide.T10 turned left.ME and Prolo.Labral tears in left hip, spurs.Will have operation at 09/18/13,Met with Dr Conway.EMG shows left PN problem.Good impression of Dr C.

Return to “CAUSES & EFFECTS OF PUDENDAL NEURALGIA”