-URGENTNerve block to clitoral branch--need advice and info.

Nerve blocks using many techniques, and medications - options discussed in detail
lexie

-URGENTNerve block to clitoral branch--need advice and info.

Post by lexie »

Hello all,
after spending thousands on PT and on botox (hibner) niether worked and I am left with the same but worse symptoms of now what seems to be an entrapped nerve but no one seems to be able to recreate my stinging and deep sharp pain,

Still trying to reach Hobner over 2 weekssince my botox for a consult on my next step.

He did want todo a nerve clock to theclitoral branch OR it coudl be a vein frjom congested pelvic syndrome, but I hear that the vein thing could leave ou with an ulcer. Not sure whatthey do here i was told just an injection? isthat true.....? I would not like to think I would end up with an ulcer in that area therest of my life god no!!

As far as thenerve block i believe it goes into the groin area is that correct...but what I NEED TO HONESTLY know is how much pain will i experience afterwards and on what level and for how long and could I be worse again.

I know I have an entrpment somewhere but no one seems to know where at all, because of being unable to recreate my vaginal stinging. it seems to be at the vaginal entrance but nohtng recreated upon exam so to be honest no real way of knwing, it just seems to be in the urogenitalarea a small nook then it sometimes seems to be somewhere else. there is very very slight clitoral stining but almost nothing.

I am terified of ending up with terrible pain in my clitoris which I would not be able to handle. HAS ANYONE OUT THERE HAD A BLOCK TO THE CLOTRAL BRANCH AND CAN YOU HONESLTY TELL ME WHAT YOU HAD DONE AND HOWYOU WERE ETC ETC.
I needto know soon as I need to make a decsion on theblock and he vein thing............

thanks lexie
Karyn

Re: -URGENTNerve block to clitoral branch--need advice and i

Post by Karyn »

Hi Lexie,
I don't have any experience with a clitoral nerve block but I do understand your concerns. Would it be possible for you to have the 3T MRI in NY? Have you already had an EMG or PNLT?
Hugs,
Karyn
Ultra Sound in 03/08 showed severely retroverted, detaching uterus with mulitple fibroids and ovarian cysts.
Pressure and pain in lower abdomen and groin area was unspeakable and devastating.
Total lap hysterectomy in 06/08, but damage was already done.
EMG testing in NH in 04/10 - bilateral PN and Ilioinguals
3T MRI at HSS, NY in 09/10
Bilateral TG surgery with Dr. Conway on 03/29/11. Bilat ilioinguinal & iliohypogastric neurectomy 03/12. TCD surgery 04/14.
nyt

Post by nyt »

I had the clitoral nerve block last year and it worked great. I didn't have any increase in pain after the block wore off. It is done under anesthesia and guided ultrasound. He goes in by the pubic bone.

Before Dr. Hibner has you put under he will ask you if he finds that the vein is enlarged do you want him to put a substance in the vein to scar it over to see if that will do the trick. This idea came from what they do with individuals with headaches from the trigeminal nerve in the head. Currently, I am not aware of any getting ulceration from this procedure and it is extremely rare that it happens with individuals who have it done for varicose veins. The dose for this would be much smaller that what is used for varicose veins.

I do not know what Dr. Hibner's success rate is doing the scarring of the vein. I know one woman who does not post on this forum who was cured after having this procedure together with the botox done. But I also know individuals who it did absolutely nothing for. Dr. Hibner should be able to give you an idea of how successful this procedure has been.

Good luck and prayers are sent your way to help you make the best decision for you.
2/07 LAVH and TOT 7/07 TOT right side removed 9/07 IL, IH and GN neuropathy 11/07 PN - Dr. Howard
6/08 Obturator neuralgia - Dr. Conway 11/08 Disability, piriformis syndrome - Dr. Howard
4/09 Bilateral obturator decompression surgery, BLL RSD - Dr. Howard
9/10 Removed left side TOT, botox, re-evaluate obturator nerve - Dr. Hibner
2/11 LFCN and saphenous neuralgia - Dr. Dellon 2/11 MRI with Dr. Potter - confirmed entrapment
5/11 Right side TG - Dr. Hibner 2012 Left side TG - Dr. Hibner
lexie

Post by lexie »

thankyou all for your advice I have decisions to make...............
god does it ever end.
thankyou and god bless

lexie
lexie

Post by lexie »

Hello NYT,
Can you tell me is the dorsal nerve block and clitoral nerve block the same procedure and same place.

Iam not tooclear on how this is done as far as location is either of these actually put into the vagina at all?

Pubic bone for the dorsal? Insdie the bone going vaginally or outside the bone more groin or do I have this all wrong..
As far as clitoris brach theytold me it would be lower abdominal when she showed me but I am not too sure as my last visit was not explained to me until I actually arrived..

Also under guidance is this a vaginal inserted probe or ultasound on tummy.
I am completely not clear at all.. can u please help me understand both and my questions please.
I guess I dont want anything done vaginally cos hte botox made me worse I had done vaginally.

Can u be specific to location please I am nervous and why under anaesthesia.
I had nerve blocks pudendal into buttockbefore fully awake via ultrsound.
nyt

Post by nyt »

The dorsal nerve and the clitoral nerve are the same thing.

The US is outside the vagina. The block is not done through the vagina but lower abdomen where Lisa would have showed you.
2/07 LAVH and TOT 7/07 TOT right side removed 9/07 IL, IH and GN neuropathy 11/07 PN - Dr. Howard
6/08 Obturator neuralgia - Dr. Conway 11/08 Disability, piriformis syndrome - Dr. Howard
2/11 LFCN and saphenous neuralgia - Dr. Dellon 2/11 MRI with Dr. Potter - confirmed entrapment
lexie

Post by lexie »

Hello NYT,
Can I ask u what were your symptoms because I am getting the impression they are not sure which nerve for me.

I have vaginal stinging which is progessing to sharp sharp pain.....I cannot sit at all. Walking is dificult now.....in fact its all the time .....It seems to be coming from the labia minora area and at the vaginal opening, all upon pressure to it and the sharp pain I can recreate myself and then it goes to the clitoral area somewhat no much but some days worse than others.

They mentioned the illioingual nerve first, then the genital femoral nerve after that and then the last the clitoral.
my dr. mentioned the hypergastric nerve which also goes to the genital area he said, but hibner did not mention that one.

I may be going on my own so I wont have anyone after anaetethia to get me to the hotel across the street.
Will they not do it if i am on my own as I would imagine there are many people who are on their own.?

could vaginal dryness be doing htis to me. on hrt patches and have not used them for months and my eyes are seriously dry so I see I am not ery lubricated in the aginal area just very ery red...could this all be severe dryness possibly.
Guess I am scared I could get much worse and if tha was the case I wont be able to handle this anymore to be honest I am not doing good NYT.
lexie

thanks
lexie
nyt

Post by nyt »

Unless I am having surgery I travel alone to Dr. Hibner's. Security will take you to the hotel when you are discharged after the nerve block. You won't be able to eat or drink after midnight so if the continental breakfast is going on at the hotel before you have to be at the hospital I recommend you pick up something there, fruit, bagel, yogurt, juice, etc. to have in your room when you get back so you don't have to go anywhere to get a bite to eat. Otherwise, order take out or pick up something the night before and if it needs to be in a frig ask the desk if they would put it in a frig for you. I have done all 3 in the past when I've traveled alone.

It is a challenge to track down which nerve it is. I have multiple nerves that are damaged in my pelvis and it is like teasing about a knotted ball of string to figure it all out. It has been 5 years for me and we are still untangling the mess. Because of all these damaged nerves I am not the best example to compare to.

Even though there aren't alot of doctors that specialize in PN we are blessed as a community that the physicians who do are caring and compassionate doctors who work hard to get us well. So, you are in good hands with Dr. Hibner.
lexie

Post by lexie »

thlanks NYT.

am seeing sr. mario castellanos as Hibner is not available so he is very nice and works with hibner. I am flying out tomorrow morning my sister is coming with me for the injection part only for the way back.

anywy he is going to try and bring hibner in to examine me prior to the injections.

I dont know much of mario but he seems very; nice and knowlegable and very very caring and patient.

I am sick thinking of this as this is my last chance I am now out of money nothing left no savings and cannot stay in the usa anymore.

so if this doesnot work ai hve spent everything on pt, blotox and now this. can do no more whichis scary to think I have no way after this.

thanks nyt
lexie
janemail

Post by janemail »

Hey Lexie,
I was just wondering how your clitoral nerve block went through Dr. Hibner's office? I can understand your frustration and how it is incredibly depressing to have to deal with this on a daily basis. I have been dealing with the burning and stinging in that area for 3 years now and I live in Canada. There are no doctors here that deal with this kind of pain extensively and 0 surgeons. Also I am reading so much about unsuccessful nerve blocks but it sounds like the clitoral one might be helpful. Did it go well for you? How are you doing?
J

Return to “NERVE BLOCKS”