Dr. Dellon success stories

This is an area to share and learn about new Medical Advances and Techniques where we can be educated and educate.
Violet M

Re: Dr. Dellon success stories

Post by Violet M »

Well, I've known many people over the years with successful pudendal nerve release surgeries but specifically regarding dorsal nerve surgeries, I only know of one success so far.

Violet
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.
flyer28

Post by flyer28 »

Jackson, the impair ganglion and dorsal nerve are pretty far away from each other, so I would not conclude that if have irritation from ganglion impair block, that it is likely to have the same reaction after dorsal nerve block. However, dorsal nerve block requires pretty exprienced and skilled interventional radiologist. I did have dorsal nerve block with no improvement (however no worsening either).

The outcome of dorsal nerve decompression surgery is controversial, to put it mildly. Heavy critics have been outspoken with regard to Dellon previous works. However, dr. Aszmann seems to be more succesful, with several full revovery cases.
summer 2009 - episodic post ejaculatory pain,
early 2010- major flare-up, chronification
february 2011 - ESCW wave. major flare-up, lasting 5 months
february 2012 - diagnosed CPPS with irritation of pudendal nerve, hypog. plexus block
june 2012 - dorsal nerve block, no relief
2013 - starting PT with moderate results
2014-2017 better periods interchanging with heavy flare ups
2018 first long remission (several months)
2019-2023 most of the time almost assymptomatic with cca 2 flare ups yearly
ezer

Post by ezer »

Several forum posters had excellent results after dorsal nerve decompression surgery but unfortunately after a couple of months, they progressively got worse and eventually reverted to their pre op status. if you had asked me 3 weeks after surgery, I would have said that I was almost cured. It was that dramatic.
I think it is fair to qualify as a success somebody that is better for at least 6 months after dorsal nerve decompression surgery.
There is visibly something that is not understood by the surgeons that diagnose and perform the surgery.
2002 PN pain started following a fall on a wet marble floor
2004 Headache in the pelvis clinic. Diagnosed with PNE by Drs. Jerome Weiss, Stephen Mann, and Rodney Anderson
2004-2007 PT, Botox, diagnosed with PNE by Dr. Sheldon Jordan
2010 MRN and 3T MRI showing PNE. Diagnosed with PNE by Dr. Aaron Filler. 2 failed PNE surgeries.
2011-2012 Horrific PN pain.
2013 Experimented with various Mind-body modalities
3/2014 Significantly better
11/2014 Cured. No pain whatsoever since
Jackson

Post by Jackson »

[quote="flyer28"]Jackson, the impair ganglion and dorsal nerve are pretty far away from each other, so I would not conclude that if have irritation from ganglion impair block, that it is likely to have the same reaction after dorsal nerve block. However, dorsal nerve block requires pretty exprienced and skilled interventional radiologist. I did have dorsal nerve block with no improvement (however no worsening either).

Hi flyer 28, You have a much better knowledge of the anatomy than I do (down there). I've had a look at the dorsal nerve distribution,(just discovered women have a dorsal nerve ,too). Interestingly, the left part of the dorsal nerve pretty much is where my pain flows from-back to the pubic region.

I was just thinking though, ganglion impar blocks (and I've lost the file I had) have something to do with afferent nerves and the sympathetic nervous system. It's most often given, in the case of men,for pain from from prostate cancer or prostate surgery. So, if it ideally gives relief to the genitals I'm not sure why the dorsal nerve would not be involved?

Cheers, maybe you can give me a link?

Return to “MEDICAL ADVANCES & EDUCATION”