Revealing Symptom While Walking?

Many physical activites such as sports, pelvic surgery, etc can all contribute to PN
JackieOUCH

Revealing Symptom While Walking?

Post by JackieOUCH »

I took a very short walk this morning (please see "walking" topic for effects of walking on my PN and others) without my radio on.

Because I didn't have the distraction of the sound from the radio....I noticed a distinct "thud" in the area I have the most pain (right side/very deep where leg meets body...but my left side and legs, butt, bladder, bowel area hurt too)....

I will try to explain this with the most detail I can......Here goes.....

The thud occurs as my LEFT LEG is fully extended forward and I'm about to push off to take a step with my RIGHT....in other words....when my RIGHT LEG is in it's furthers BACK postion while walking....Does this make sense to anyone?

Feels like a tendon, ligament.....

I've had it before, it doesn't hurt while it's making the thud....but it is in the general area of my worst pain....I KNOW IT HAS SOMETHING TO DO WITH IT....and I've always believed my issues are mechanical, but aggravated by endometriosis and other problems....

Anybody else experience this?

Any ideas on what comes into play when the leg is backward flexed?

Less pain everybody.

Jackie OUCH
Started with severe burning sacral pain to R hip/pelvis, bladder, bowel
History Endometriosis
Antolak Diagnosed PN--1 PN block made pain much worse & more widespread for a year
PT 2 yrs--Did not help physically, but was educational
Potter MRI: Symmetric thickening Sacrotuberous ligaments/scarring ischial & Alcocks canal.
Amanda

Re: Revealing Symptom While Walking?

Post by Amanda »

Very good topic Jackie, I havent noticed a thud as such more of a pulling on the ligament surrounding my right hip.
Its almost like something is trying to pull itself free....which it probably is!
PNE started 2003 following Vaginal Hysterectomy, pelvic floor repair and right oophorectomy; eventually after many tests had BilateralTG surgery Nantes 2004; following this tried many other treatments including 7 day epidural, ketamin infusions to no avail; Trialed and was implanted with a Neurostimulator in 2007- Dr Van Buyten Belgium, this has enabled me to manage my pain much better.
Karyn

Post by Karyn »

Hi Jackie,
Have you been to a PT lately? They would be able to diagnose this disturbing symptom.
Warm regards,
Karyn
Ultra Sound in 03/08 showed severely retroverted, detaching uterus with mulitple fibroids and ovarian cysts.
Pressure and pain in lower abdomen and groin area was unspeakable and devastating.
Total lap hysterectomy in 06/08, but damage was already done.
EMG testing in NH in 04/10 - bilateral PN and Ilioinguals
3T MRI at HSS, NY in 09/10
Bilateral TG surgery with Dr. Conway on 03/29/11. Bilat ilioinguinal & iliohypogastric neurectomy 03/12. TCD surgery 04/14.
JackieOUCH

Post by JackieOUCH »

Have never had luck with PT's

They end up aggravating my pain and treating it as a disc problem which of course makes me worse.

I have full motion in my joints, but of course it hurts AFTER they test me, not while, so they say I'm fine.

I will never allow ANYONE to lift my right leg higher than my hip again!!!! That's a killer.

Was reading about the labral hip tear....wondering if that could be in play......I think I have several things going on.....and as usual, I don't want the main thing to be the PN, because you all know it's so complicated and hard to treat...

Less pain,

Jackie OUCH
Started with severe burning sacral pain to R hip/pelvis, bladder, bowel
History Endometriosis
Antolak Diagnosed PN--1 PN block made pain much worse & more widespread for a year
PT 2 yrs--Did not help physically, but was educational
Potter MRI: Symmetric thickening Sacrotuberous ligaments/scarring ischial & Alcocks canal.
Karyn

Post by Karyn »

Hi Jackie-O,
No, I've never had any luck with PT, either. However, I do believe they are very good at identifying problem areas. If you scheduled an appointment for an evaluation - NO treatment; it may give you some answers. ;)
Less pain back atcha,
Karyn
Ultra Sound in 03/08 showed severely retroverted, detaching uterus with mulitple fibroids and ovarian cysts.
Pressure and pain in lower abdomen and groin area was unspeakable and devastating.
Total lap hysterectomy in 06/08, but damage was already done.
EMG testing in NH in 04/10 - bilateral PN and Ilioinguals
3T MRI at HSS, NY in 09/10
Bilateral TG surgery with Dr. Conway on 03/29/11. Bilat ilioinguinal & iliohypogastric neurectomy 03/12. TCD surgery 04/14.

Return to “CAUSES & EFFECTS OF PUDENDAL NEURALGIA”