Internal Trigger Point Wand

Accupuncture, Reiki, Cognitive Behavourial Therapy, Prolotheraphy, Radio Frequency, Hypnotherapy, Osteopathy and many more.
JackieOUCH

Internal Trigger Point Wand

Post by JackieOUCH »

On the advice of another kind sufferer, I am reading the UPDATED 6th edition of "A Headache in the Pelvis"

First, let me say that the new edition of this book is greatly expanded and has alot more info than the previous editions....well worth the read....more specific text, lots of illustrations for trigger points, etc....

The book also mentions using an "internal trigger point wand".....

Has anyone tried this?

Any wand in particular?

Had alot of "internal" work when I tried PT and it did seem to help a little, so I'm willing to give this a try.....Just don't know which wand to start with...LOL....

Any help is appreciated.

Less pain everybody,

Jackie OUCH
Started with severe burning sacral pain to R hip/pelvis, bladder, bowel
History Endometriosis
Antolak Diagnosed PN--1 PN block made pain much worse & more widespread for a year
PT 2 yrs--Did not help physically, but was educational
Potter MRI: Symmetric thickening Sacrotuberous ligaments/scarring ischial & Alcocks canal.
nyt

Re: Internal Trigger Point Wand

Post by nyt »

Dr. Weiss has a publication where they developed an internal trigger point wand. I contacted them some time ago and at that time they were currently seeking FDA approval for the device so unless you go to their program that specific device is not available. Dr. Howard suggested to me to use a vibrator (off mode) or a pessary instead.
2/07 LAVH and TOT 7/07 TOT right side removed 9/07 IL, IH and GN neuropathy 11/07 PN - Dr. Howard
6/08 Obturator neuralgia - Dr. Conway 11/08 Disability, piriformis syndrome - Dr. Howard
4/09 Bilateral obturator decompression surgery, BLL RSD - Dr. Howard
9/10 Removed left side TOT, botox, re-evaluate obturator nerve - Dr. Hibner
2/11 LFCN and saphenous neuralgia - Dr. Dellon 2/11 MRI with Dr. Potter - confirmed entrapment
5/11 Right side TG - Dr. Hibner 2012 Left side TG - Dr. Hibner
Lernica

Re: Internal Trigger Point Wand

Post by Lernica »

My pelvic PT sold me (at cost) an S-shaped "glass wand" for self-internal trigger work which she said she buys online on Amazon for about $65. It does the job, but not nearly as well as her manual work.
Athlete until pain started in 2001. Diagnosed with PN in Nov. 2010. Probable cause: 3 difficult labors, 5 pelvic surgeries for endometriosis, and undiagnosed hip injuries. 60% better after 3 rounds of shockwave therapy in Cornwall, Ontario (Dec - Feb/12). 99% better after bilateral hip scopes for FAI and labral tears (April and July/12). Pelvic pain life coach Lorraine Faendrich helped me overcome the mind/body connection to chronic pain: http://www.radiantlifedesign.com

Return to “OTHER THERAPIES”