Dental Work

Here we can discuss difficulties with comfort in sitting and normal living - cushions, bicycle seats, car seats, work stations etc.
Amanda

Re: Dental Work

Post by Amanda »

Well done Skyblue for not only surviving your treatment but for getting through it ok. On many occasions when I have had extensive Dental treatment I have always taken my cushions and the consultant knew i was more comfortable lying nearly flat they accomodated me no problem. I wish you the bes tof luck with the rest of your treatment.
PNE started 2003 following Vaginal Hysterectomy, pelvic floor repair and right oophorectomy; eventually after many tests had BilateralTG surgery Nantes 2004; following this tried many other treatments including 7 day epidural, ketamin infusions to no avail; Trialed and was implanted with a Neurostimulator in 2007- Dr Van Buyten Belgium, this has enabled me to manage my pain much better.
skyblue

Post by skyblue »

Thanks Amanda! Yes it's certainly one obstacle out of the way. The "big one" is going to be later this year...October/November-ish, but I'm just going to take it one step at a time...and hopefully should be just as easy as the others...! :geek:
Pain started Aug 2008 after prolonged sitting.
Referal to Dr Natasha Curran Nov 2008.
First Nerve Block Jan 2009.
Second Nerve Block Feb 2009.
Physiotherapy Feb 2009.
Started practicing sitting four times a day with the amount being increased by 10% each week:-
Feb 2009: 5 seconds x 4
Nov 2009: 1 minute x 4
Dec 2010: 1 hour x 4
July 2011: 3 hours x 4 (cured)
Had relapse in March 2012.
Sitting normally again October 2013. No pudendal pain, but some lingering muscle tightness.
Amanda

Post by Amanda »

skyblue

Every moment spent with PN is tricky, when I visit my dentist I shift about I carry many cushions and take my ice bottles to take me through those tough moments I have bad memories from my past of dentists who pulled teeth while I had no numbing feelings.
Nowadays I choose a dentist who understands how I feel and they accept my pain levels...so this makes me feel far more relaxed in their care. I wish you the best of luck in your treatment. I envy many people who have gone through teeth whitening etc...I am happy to have my yellow teeth as I prefer to be more comfy with my sitting! Thats my choice though.
PNE started 2003 following Vaginal Hysterectomy, pelvic floor repair and right oophorectomy; eventually after many tests had BilateralTG surgery Nantes 2004; following this tried many other treatments including 7 day epidural, ketamin infusions to no avail; Trialed and was implanted with a Neurostimulator in 2007- Dr Van Buyten Belgium, this has enabled me to manage my pain much better.
nelly_5

Post by nelly_5 »

Have you visited that dentist again? I am not getting the exact problem, but I think Cosmetic Dentistry, Barnegat, NJ might help you better. Hope will get good results!
srinmav

Post by srinmav »

I dread having any dental problem. I have had five root canal treatments over the past seven years, and usually experience a big pelvic flare (rather, a "whole body flare"!) after each procedure that take at least a week to calm down.

Big problem with the tooth is that any tooth infection or abcess needing root canal treatment is particularly painful while laying down on the bed. Most people try to sit it out till they get the pain resolved, but for most of us sitting out is not even an option. The last tooth that needed treatment was a very painful one - for days I could neither sit nor lie down, pain meds would not touch most of the pain, and was forced to spend much of the day and night walking, which also caused a big flare afterwards. Even the dental work and the two hour long sitting there did not seem much of a problem because life was going to be impossible otherwise.
PN symptoms since 1988. Full blown PN and sciatica since 2004. Diagnosed with sacral arachnoid cyst S1-S4 in 2006.
2008- 2015: Conservative management of symptoms by reduced sitting, avoiding physical strain, meditation etc.
2015-Jun 2019 Bedridden due to pain, wasting and weakness.
Jul 2019- Trying to find my way out. Scheduled for likely sacral cyst and cervical meningocele surgeries in feb 2020.
Grace

Post by Grace »

OK. I once confessed that I have a crush on Ergoquest. <3 <3 Well...it's still on... Don't tell my hubby! :)

There's one chair in particular that I've tried and I was STUNNED to find a position that gave relief. I think the reason the chair works for me is because it is so like a dental chair in many ways. The specific one I tried is not on the website yet (I think). It goes "sub-supine"--so I could lower back far enough to take the weight of my upper body off my pelvis AND raise my legs high enough to not add weight/pressure to the pelvis.

Maybe we all really do need dental chair of some sort. :)

My dream work station: http://ergoquest.com/zero-gravity-workstations/
Anal/rectal pain began 12/12 | Pain advanced to entire pelvis by 2/13 |
PF PT 2/13 to 7/13 |Acupuncture 7/13 to present
Pain is CONSTANT, made worse by standing, walking, kneeling
UNBEARABLE with sitting |Cushions mock me
20+ years of fibromyalgia | Interested in not losing my marbles...
My goal: To find creative ways to live and work with PN, while pursuing wellness.
Violet M

Post by Violet M »

Too bad, Grace. I take it insurance did not cover your ergo chair?

Violet
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.

Return to “SEATING & PHYSICAL LIFESTYLE ADAPTATIONS”