newbie here

Welcome to HOPE. We have tried to provide a place for newcomers to make their introductions. We will try our best to make you welcome and guide you through our website and Forum and assist you as best as we can through any questions you have regarding Pudendal Neuralgia.
razzle51

newbie here

Post by razzle51 »

I have been having this pain everytime I squat in Pelvic area .. and its just there ... I do have terrible time going to bathroom constipated all the time and my dr has tired me on everything .So I just started reseaching and this sounds like what I have ... Does or can this go away on its own with rest .. thanks Roz
Chiari Malformation and Syringomyelia
helenlegs 11

Re: newbie here

Post by helenlegs 11 »

Hi Roz,
Welcome :) The consensus of opinion seems to be that if the pelvic/PN problems began without a particular injury (fall, childbirth, weightlifting or similar) then time with some medication and maybe some appropriate treatment can be a healer.
I was never a tablet/ med taker but I would recommend some medication, Sometimes things can escalate as the pelvis is a rather complicated area and there can be a knock on effect if the initial pain isn't treated. This is often due to surrounding muscles tightening in reaction to this initial pain.
Do you have any defining injury that could be attributed to your pain?
You will find an absolute TON of help on the home pages btw, hope we can help you with your problems.
Take care,
Helen
Fall 2008. Misdiagnosed with lumber spine problem. MRN June 2010 indicated pudendal entrapment at Alcocks canal. Diagnosed with complex variant piriformis syndrome with sciatic, pudendal and gluteal entrapment's by Dr Filler 2010.Guided piriformis botox injection 2011 Bristol. 2013, Nerve conduction test positive; new spinal MRI scan negative, so diagnosed for the 4th time with pelvic nerve entrapment, now recognised as Sciatic, pudendal, PFCN and cluneal nerves at piriformis level.
Violet M

Post by Violet M »

Razzle, if you are lucky, sometimes it goes away on its own but that may mean you have to make some lifestyle changes. For instance, if you are doing a certain exercise that's causing pain, you may reduce your pain levels by discontinuing the exercise but you may also have to avoid it the rest of your life.

For people with a nerve entrapment, squatting can cause a stretch injury to the nerve and this could get worse over time if your nerve remains entrapped and you continue to squat.

Violet
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.
carolynm

Post by carolynm »

I've actually had a visit to a PT in Pa that claims to have healed a PN'er, and his advice was to squat to break up the scar tissue! No one has the answers and in that way this disease can be very frustrating.

Cm
PN after using pickaxe doing yardwork 6/11
Potter MRI: Scar tissue abutting L pudendal.
Hibner consult 10/11 w/ plan: 2 mo. PT
No meds work for me
PRF X 3 times in Denver ( was pain free for 5 months after second)
Violet M

Post by Violet M »

CM, since I had a compression due to the nerve being entrapped in ligaments it wasn't a scar tissue problem -- so maybe that's why squatting made it worse. Who knows.....we are all so different.
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.

Return to “WELCOME CENTER”