Do PN and PNE people have IC as well?

Many physical activites such as sports, pelvic surgery, etc can all contribute to PN
hope4eva

Re: Do PN and PNE people have IC as well?

Post by hope4eva »

this is trickey and where im at right now as my uro thinks ic possible even with normal bladder on cystocpy and wont do hydro cuz its invasive i tried the diet for about 2 wks with no relief but that may not b long enough most of my symptoms r outer gential pain but i get bladder burning foe a few hrs daily ugh
kia kaha

Post by kia kaha »

Violet M wrote:Her book, Heal Pelvic Pain, is sold on Amazon.
thanks, just ordered the book today, due to arrive 26th April
Chronic Pain pudendal area for 3 years, after a hard jolt to right side.
18 months later discovered sprained/fused sacro-illiac injury. Told to 'live with it' then saw this forum October 2011 = symptoms matched. Attempting to get this investigated in the face of lack of skilled docs in New Zealand.
Been told I have IC Dec 2011
FINALLY - 3T MRI in Christchurch 5th May 2012 - Pudendal nerve block, unguided 8th June 2012 - still waiting on results and progress from these.
hope4eva

Post by hope4eva »

im sorry ur going thru this its so hard to explain that intercourse is painful right now i deal with it but im scared if i get worse i will no longer b able to please my hubby its a horrible feeling try to talk to him in a calm way explaining everything u feel and not trying to get all personal but try giving him head that makes mine happy lol well i just wanted to say i sympathize with u u can pm me to talk if u want
hope4eva

Post by hope4eva »

i just orderd that book 2 damn why urs come so late i get mine nxt wk
kia kaha

Post by kia kaha »

hope4eva wrote:i just orderd that book 2 damn why urs come so late i get mine nxt wk
I'm in New Zealand, and 10 day delivery was $30, so had to opt for the $18 delivery which was 4 weeks, I'm broke, can't work because of this pain in the butt illness!
18 months later discovered sprained/fused sacro-illiac injury. Told to 'live with it' then saw this forum October 2011 = symptoms matched. Attempting to get this investigated in the face of lack of skilled docs in New Zealand.
FINALLY - 3T MRI in Christchurch 5th May 2012 - Pudendal nerve block, unguided 8th June 2012 - still waiting on results and progress from these.
Bathsheba

Post by Bathsheba »

Kia-

To follow up. How are you doing?

FYI, there's another person who posts on this board named Larry who also had PN caused by a hydrodistention of the bladder in 1999. He went from pain treatable by aspririn when he went into surgery to level 9 on a 1-10 scale when he woke up. In my case the onset of pain was masked by pain meds. About a month after the hydro surgery I had tingling in my genitals, when I went off the pain meds for IC (the urologist finally admitted I didn't have IC), the pain level skyrocketed.

I have the same urinary hesitancy that you do but not nearly as bad. I have to think about urinating and when to go for the most part. If I am ready to burst I will get a strange feeling, nothing like what I felt before. I have to concentrate on urinating-push. It isn't natural. However, I can go.

Take care and enjoy the surf when you can.
Botched blowing up of bladder July/2011
Was on Lyrica 800+ Mg./day for over 2 years
Bad fall due to Lyrica dizziness, seizure
Due to low blood sugar, side effect of Lyrica
Now on gabapentin, OxyContin, tramadol
Looking for pain pump, has to be local
kia kaha

Post by kia kaha »

Doing much better.

Pretty much the bad symptoms that arose from the hydrodistention surgery waned after about 3-4 weeks.
Prior to that I never really had any problems with hesitancy, or frequency.
I am told i do have IC, but after the flare after the op, I still don't get the frequency/hesitancy.

I have also just been doing a series of treatments over the last few months called 'bioresonance' which have helped my IC type symptoms, mostly the pain by about 80% !

so hoping that holds, and i don't have to keep travelling the 3 hours there and back again for the appointments/treatments.
costly! and we don't have much money, also I have to lie in the car to travel , as i cant sit due to the PN/PNE symptoms.

Return to “CAUSES & EFFECTS OF PUDENDAL NEURALGIA”