Ultra Sound Treatments

Discuss different Pain Management Options; Medication options including side effects and Worldwide variances in names etc.
nyt

Re: Ultra Sound Treatments

Post by nyt »

Faith, I used the US on my calves for 5 minutes, once a day, on the highest setting for about 2 weeks. Didn't do a thing for the muscle knots in my calves. I haven't tried it on any other areas. I can't use it on my spasmed adductors because I can't stand anything touching them and it when something does like for a massage or wearing sweat pants too long it just sets off a terrible flare. Guess, maybe I should give the US machine another try and use it 2-3 times a day on my calves to see if it would help.

I have been seeing a new PT who specializes in CRPS/RSD. It has been extremely slow going because anything to try and strengthen my legs sets off my pelvic pain :evil: . She has been doing kineosology taping for my piriformis syndrome and that is helpful. Recently, she has started taping my knee caps because I'm having joint problems (my knee caps "catch", my right femur gets stuck, sometimes the left does, and my left ankle gets stucks). Taping the patel tendon dose help the pain I get in my knees. The problems with my knee caps are do to shortened and tight quads from the CRPS in my legs. It is helping along with doing spray and stretch using ethyl chloride. Trying to stay out of a wheelchair as long as I can! Sorry to have gotten off topic.
2/07 LAVH and TOT 7/07 TOT right side removed 9/07 IL, IH and GN neuropathy 11/07 PN - Dr. Howard
6/08 Obturator neuralgia - Dr. Conway 11/08 Disability, piriformis syndrome - Dr. Howard
4/09 Bilateral obturator decompression surgery, BLL RSD - Dr. Howard
9/10 Removed left side TOT, botox, re-evaluate obturator nerve - Dr. Hibner
2/11 LFCN and saphenous neuralgia - Dr. Dellon 2/11 MRI with Dr. Potter - confirmed entrapment
5/11 Right side TG - Dr. Hibner 2012 Left side TG - Dr. Hibner
Laura

Re: Ultra Sound Treatments

Post by Laura »

Just wanted to let everyone know I bought a US Pro 2000 ultrasound from Amazon. I've only had it for a few days, but so far it has been working real well for my tight hamstring muscles. It comes with 2.8 fl. oz or 85 ml. conductive gel. My only complaint when I first used it was the gel would dry up in less than 2 minutes and I would have to re-apply more gel or the ultrasound would stop working. I found away around this and when it would start to dry, i'd dip my fingers in water and re-wet the gel that was already on my leg and that did the trick. When you use it you feel nothing. I use it on the high setting for about 15 minutes at a time and that's all it takes for me to notice a huge difference and my muscles have been chronically tight for quite a while. I have no idea how long it will last, it looks well made, but whose to say. It comes with a 6 month warranty.
Please feel free to pm me if you have any questions. :D

Return to “PAIN MANAGEMENT & MEDICATIONS”