Car Cushion

Here we can discuss difficulties with comfort in sitting and normal living - cushions, bicycle seats, car seats, work stations etc.
Faith

Re: Car Cushion

Post by Faith »

http://www.relaxobak.com/deluxe-orthopedic-cushion.html This is the one I use in the car and pretty much everywhere now. My husband cut a bigger "U" shape and duck taped around the edges he cut. Mine came with a cover which helps the look :) It has the best firmness for me. I wish I could have cut out a little more in the front because sometimes I can feel the edge of the cushion when driving, but I didn't want to risk the cushion becoming too weak. I can't tolerate my sit bones touching anything at all. I have used it for several months and it is still supportive. I use it with a lumbar roll so I sit up super straight and I can tolerate about 25-30 mins like this before my pain becomes unbearable.
-11/08 vulvodynia began around conception of first & only pregnancy
-3/10 sacral/sitting pain began after SIJD manipulation
-Progressive widespread pain- central sensitization
-PT, meds, injections, botox, ESWT = debilitated.
-5/12 Potter MRI - scarring of left ST, coccygeous & posterior alcock
-12/12 - left FAI/labral hip tear surgery
2014-2019 managed w/ gabapentin, massage, and lifestyle mod
2020 - big flare up
www.thepurposeofpain.blogspot.com
Karyn

Post by Karyn »

smileygram wrote:Calluna,

The cushion you purchased looks like one that I would like to buy. But how did you get it shipped to the U.S? I didn't see the U.S. listed just European countries.
Drat! I got the same result and would really like to try this cushion. It looks like it would be perfect for me. I wonder why there are no US distributors????
Ultra Sound in 03/08 showed severely retroverted, detaching uterus with mulitple fibroids and ovarian cysts.
Pressure and pain in lower abdomen and groin area was unspeakable and devastating.
Total lap hysterectomy in 06/08, but damage was already done.
EMG testing in NH in 04/10 - bilateral PN and Ilioinguals
3T MRI at HSS, NY in 09/10
Bilateral TG surgery with Dr. Conway on 03/29/11. Bilat ilioinguinal & iliohypogastric neurectomy 03/12. TCD surgery 04/14.
calluna

Post by calluna »

Karyn and smileygram - I live in the UK, and bought my cushion from Amazon UK. They reduced the price drastically a few weeks back - we bought another one - and now they aren't selling them any more.

There is a 'dealer search' facility on the Togu website, I hope this is helpful.
Ivery

Post by Ivery »

I have the U shaped cushion, which seems to work well for me. I use it for driving and it really does not leave my car at all. I had purchased a ROHO cushion....
tyro

Post by tyro »

I just use two gardener's foam kneeling pads for any type of car or chair. They are cheap, can be found at any general store, and they allow you to adjust the width of the channel in the middle to suit any situation.
smitzel

Post by smitzel »

I did purchase a Togu Airgo cushion that doesn't work for me if anyone wants to buy it from me. it was $80, how does half price sound? it comes with an air pump to release the air or fill more if needed. I can mail it to u if u desire. I like the "tush cush" better. Hope this isn't too weird of a post but if anyone wants it let me know.
Suffering for 11 years after running marathons and weight lifting. Diagnosed with PN by Dr. Antolak in 2006 and Dr. Weiss in 2010. Taking Cymbalta, Gabapentin and Baclofin. Just made an appointment to see Dr. Hibner for MRI and consultation for surgery, can't get me in until Dec.
elephants27

Post by elephants27 »

I found a memory foam cushion at brookstone for $45 it is a lumbar support for your back, but I use it for my butt! It works well I use it in the car, and well I take it everywhere I have to sit. I actually found that the pillows everyone was taking about the cocxy pillows, with the u cut out were actually making my pain worse. But now, I love my memory foam pillow! Good luck!
Poppy

Post by Poppy »

calluna wrote:Karyn and smileygram - I live in the UK, and bought my cushion from Amazon UK. They reduced the price drastically a few weeks back - we bought another one - and now they aren't selling them any more.

There is a 'dealer search' facility on the Togu website, I hope this is helpful.

Notice on Amazon today says they are back in stock April 3rd 2012
1985 diagnosed fibro; 1990 hysterectomy with bladder suspension;2000 T12 (Maigne ) syndrome; urticaria and angioedema; sjogrens syndrome; adhesions; pelvic pain; two herniated discs in neck.
Poppy

Post by Poppy »

Do the nursing cushions work for a driver? They seem too wide to me. I can't use the wedges because of my SI joint. I need a flat U shaped cushion that gives support but not too high to wedge me under the steering wheel. My car seat (A Picasso) has been the ONLY place I could sit or even sleep at times since I had T12 entrapment 11 years ago but now it's pure agony with PN. I can't walk more than a few yards and I can't now sit on my mobility scooter so I have no way to even get a pint of milk without using my car. I tried yesterday just for less than 1/4 mile because I desperately needed milk and bread and threw up within 200 yards from the pain. I can't keep asking neighbours to shop for me and Soc Services cut my daily carers down to one hour a week so I'm really stuck if I can't drive.
1985 diagnosed fibro; 1990 hysterectomy with bladder suspension;2000 T12 (Maigne ) syndrome; urticaria and angioedema; sjogrens syndrome; adhesions; pelvic pain; two herniated discs in neck.

Return to “SEATING & PHYSICAL LIFESTYLE ADAPTATIONS”