Dr. Dellon success stories

This is an area to share and learn about new Medical Advances and Techniques where we can be educated and educate.
smitzel

Dr. Dellon success stories

Post by smitzel »

Is there anyone out there who has success stories w/ Dr. Dellon? Like, Dislike? really would like this to end and am really considering bilateral dorsal nerve decompression surgery. Any thoughts? Biker George, Are you still doing well and have a positive attitude w/ him?
Thanks, Steph
Suffering for 11 years after running marathons and weight lifting. Diagnosed with PN by Dr. Antolak in 2006 and Dr. Weiss in 2010. Taking Cymbalta, Gabapentin and Baclofin. Just made an appointment to see Dr. Hibner for MRI and consultation for surgery, can't get me in until Dec.
Lernica

Re: Dr. Dellon success stories

Post by Lernica »

Both PelvisStressly and Griff522 had Dellon surgeries without much success. Why don't you send each of them a PM?
Athlete until pain started in 2001. Diagnosed with PN in Nov. 2010. Probable cause: 3 difficult labors, 5 pelvic surgeries for endometriosis, and undiagnosed hip injuries. 60% better after 3 rounds of shockwave therapy in Cornwall, Ontario (Dec - Feb/12). 99% better after bilateral hip scopes for FAI and labral tears (April and July/12). Pelvic pain life coach Lorraine Faendrich helped me overcome the mind/body connection to chronic pain: http://www.radiantlifedesign.com
ezer

Post by ezer »

I had dorsal nerve surgery with Dr.Dellon and that did not help.
2002 PN pain started following a fall on a wet marble floor
2004 Headache in the pelvis clinic. Diagnosed with PNE by Drs. Jerome Weiss, Stephen Mann, and Rodney Anderson
2004-2007 PT, Botox, diagnosed with PNE by Dr. Sheldon Jordan
2010 MRN and 3T MRI showing PNE. Diagnosed with PNE by Dr. Aaron Filler. 2 failed PNE surgeries.
2011-2012 Horrific PN pain.
2013 Experimented with various Mind-body modalities
3/2014 Significantly better
11/2014 Cured. No pain whatsoever since
stephanies

Post by stephanies »

Ezer,

I think Dr. Dellon only does the dorsal portion of the nerve, is that correct? I know several OBGYNs on the East Coast who really push their patients with PN symptoms to consult with and have procedures with Dr. Dellon. Does anyone know what his office indicates as a success rate?

StephanieS
PN started 2004 from fall. Surgery with Filler Nov. 2006, Dr. Campbell April 2007. Pain decreased by 85% in 2008 (rectal and sitting pain resolved completely), pain returned in 12/13. Pain reduced significantly beginning around 11/23.
ezer

Post by ezer »

Stephanie,
Dr.Dellon will do the TG as well as the dorsal nerve surgery. I do not know of any dorsal nerve surgery success story.
2002 PN pain started following a fall on a wet marble floor
2004 Headache in the pelvis clinic. Diagnosed with PNE by Drs. Jerome Weiss, Stephen Mann, and Rodney Anderson
2004-2007 PT, Botox, diagnosed with PNE by Dr. Sheldon Jordan
2010 MRN and 3T MRI showing PNE. Diagnosed with PNE by Dr. Aaron Filler. 2 failed PNE surgeries.
2011-2012 Horrific PN pain.
2013 Experimented with various Mind-body modalities
3/2014 Significantly better
11/2014 Cured. No pain whatsoever since
Karyn

Post by Karyn »

Do we know of any success stories at all in regards to the pelvic nerves?
Ultra Sound in 03/08 showed severely retroverted, detaching uterus with mulitple fibroids and ovarian cysts.
Pressure and pain in lower abdomen and groin area was unspeakable and devastating.
Total lap hysterectomy in 06/08, but damage was already done.
EMG testing in NH in 04/10 - bilateral PN and Ilioinguals
3T MRI at HSS, NY in 09/10
Bilateral TG surgery with Dr. Conway on 03/29/11. Bilat ilioinguinal & iliohypogastric neurectomy 03/12. TCD surgery 04/14.
helenlegs 11

Post by helenlegs 11 »

The lovely Violet, with an 80% improvement of course Karyn. There are others but if the findings could be correlated, I think indication of good improvement would come mainly from people who haven't had symptoms for too long.
Helen
Fall 2008. Misdiagnosed with lumber spine problem. MRN June 2010 indicated pudendal entrapment at Alcocks canal. Diagnosed with complex variant piriformis syndrome with sciatic, pudendal and gluteal entrapment's by Dr Filler 2010.Guided piriformis botox injection 2011 Bristol. 2013, Nerve conduction test positive; new spinal MRI scan negative, so diagnosed for the 4th time with pelvic nerve entrapment, now recognised as Sciatic, pudendal, PFCN and cluneal nerves at piriformis level.
Jackson

Post by Jackson »

Hi all: re Dr. Dellon and Dorsal nerve decompression

I visited a urologist for a second opinion after my pain begain 3.5 years ago. He suggested a dorsal nerve block in a letter to my primary care doctor but then added: "with Jackson feeling the cystoscopy caused his pain I'm concerned a dorsal nerve block may well make things worse". I was not told of this at the time. This has only come to my attention since reading some old medical reports. As yet I don't know why it would make things worse.

I sure as hell know my recent ganglion impar block has worsened, and created a new, pain. Perhaps this has something to do with the dorsal nerve? I'm waiting for the doctor to return my calls. Better still,I'll research it!!! I don't know if this sheds any light on Dr. Dellon and his dorsal nerve decompression?

In terms of improvement, if you search for 'catherine a' (one of the moderators) you will find she has a success story to tell: 80%? or 90% improvement.

Cheers.
Karyn

Post by Karyn »

helenlegs 11 wrote:The lovely Violet, with an 80% improvement of course Karyn. There are others but if the findings could be correlated, I think indication of good improvement would come mainly from people who haven't had symptoms for too long.
Violet had surgery with Dr. Dellon???? I thought she had surgery years ago with Dr. Beautrant? :oops:
Ultra Sound in 03/08 showed severely retroverted, detaching uterus with mulitple fibroids and ovarian cysts.
Pressure and pain in lower abdomen and groin area was unspeakable and devastating.
Total lap hysterectomy in 06/08, but damage was already done.
EMG testing in NH in 04/10 - bilateral PN and Ilioinguals
3T MRI at HSS, NY in 09/10
Bilateral TG surgery with Dr. Conway on 03/29/11. Bilat ilioinguinal & iliohypogastric neurectomy 03/12. TCD surgery 04/14.
helenlegs 11

Post by helenlegs 11 »

Karyn wrote:Do we know of any success stories at all in regards to the pelvic nerves?
NO sorry was thinking you were asking in general . you are right of course it was Beautrant.
Fall 2008. Misdiagnosed with lumber spine problem. MRN June 2010 indicated pudendal entrapment at Alcocks canal. Diagnosed with complex variant piriformis syndrome with sciatic, pudendal and gluteal entrapment's by Dr Filler 2010.Guided piriformis botox injection 2011 Bristol. 2013, Nerve conduction test positive; new spinal MRI scan negative, so diagnosed for the 4th time with pelvic nerve entrapment, now recognised as Sciatic, pudendal, PFCN and cluneal nerves at piriformis level.

Return to “MEDICAL ADVANCES & EDUCATION”