disability problem need help

Discuss here about Medical Disability claims and Insurance possibilities for PN treatment options
zinnia

disability problem need help

Post by zinnia »

I had to refile for benefits because my dad died and I had to collect on his death insurance and other problems. I did as social security said to do. I got benefits reinstated after being harrassed by s.s. I had to move to another city and lost them again because my brother did something with dads estate to collect more money.I did not collect this money. I have proof of this but this is not the issue with s.s. Now they are stateing that PNE and with my degenerative spine condition it is not enough information to file a claim for disability. This doesnt sound right as I was collecting s.s. benefits before this. I cant get a lawyer as I'm told I have to be rejected first and then appeal by the lawyer I spoke to. Has this happened to anyone before? It sounds wrong to me. Can someone relate? I hear of persons receiving benefits on PN alone. As I stated I was receiving benefits on PNE and back but now its all changed. I have no mental clarity anymore as this has me really down. Appreciate any help.This is serious as I cant do the work i used to do and have no training in any other field and no one accommodates PNE not even s.s. I cant sit and I cant stand for very long because of intense pain.
nyt

Re: disability problem need help

Post by nyt »

I would talk with another lawyer and make sure they specialize in disability claims. You might want to ask some of your friends for recommendations of disability attorney that's how I found the one that I have. I would continue to try and work with SS on your own and the appeal process in the interm. Sorry to hear of all these problems. Big hug and prayer sent.
2/07 LAVH and TOT 7/07 TOT right side removed 9/07 IL, IH and GN neuropathy 11/07 PN - Dr. Howard
6/08 Obturator neuralgia - Dr. Conway 11/08 Disability, piriformis syndrome - Dr. Howard
4/09 Bilateral obturator decompression surgery, BLL RSD - Dr. Howard
9/10 Removed left side TOT, botox, re-evaluate obturator nerve - Dr. Hibner
2/11 LFCN and saphenous neuralgia - Dr. Dellon 2/11 MRI with Dr. Potter - confirmed entrapment
5/11 Right side TG - Dr. Hibner 2012 Left side TG - Dr. Hibner
Violet M

Re: disability problem need help

Post by Violet M »

zinnia wrote: Now they are stateing that PNE and with my degenerative spine condition it is not enough information to file a claim for disability. This doesnt sound right as I was collecting s.s. benefits before this. I cant get a lawyer as I'm told I have to be rejected first and then appeal by the lawyer I spoke to. Has this happened to anyone before? It sounds wrong to me.
It sounds wrong to me too but I'm not an expert on this subject. I agree with nyt -- maybe find a different lawyer who specializes in disability who can help you. There are definitely other people with pudendal neuralgia who are on disability.
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.

Return to “INSURANCE & DISABILITY ISSUES”