Dr Dellon

Read and discuss about the many surgical options and the surgical centres Worldwide.
Lernica

Re: Emotional support

Post by Lernica »

Ditto your comments, PS. Here's where I'd like to post about a lovely incident involving Fall Girl and me.

Fall Girl happens to live in a town where the train from Toronto to Cornwall stops. Before my last trip to Cornwall, she told me to watch the train platform in her town carefully. When I did, there she was, shivering in the winter weather, and holding up a "HOPE" sign! We waved to each other through the window, gave each other "thumbs up" signs and air hugs, and shed a few tears. It was very emotional. Amazing how the internet can bring people together from all around the world. How could we have managed without it?
Last edited by Lernica on Tue Jan 31, 2012 7:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Athlete until pain started in 2001. Diagnosed with PN in Nov. 2010. Probable cause: 3 difficult labors, 5 pelvic surgeries for endometriosis, and undiagnosed hip injuries. 60% better after 3 rounds of shockwave therapy in Cornwall, Ontario (Dec - Feb/12). 99% better after bilateral hip scopes for FAI and labral tears (April and July/12). Pelvic pain life coach Lorraine Faendrich helped me overcome the mind/body connection to chronic pain: http://www.radiantlifedesign.com
nyt

Re: Dr Dellon

Post by nyt »

Lernica, your post brought tears to my eyes! This forum has brought a wonderful connection to us all.
2/07 LAVH and TOT 7/07 TOT right side removed 9/07 IL, IH and GN neuropathy 11/07 PN - Dr. Howard
6/08 Obturator neuralgia - Dr. Conway 11/08 Disability, piriformis syndrome - Dr. Howard
4/09 Bilateral obturator decompression surgery, BLL RSD - Dr. Howard
9/10 Removed left side TOT, botox, re-evaluate obturator nerve - Dr. Hibner
2/11 LFCN and saphenous neuralgia - Dr. Dellon 2/11 MRI with Dr. Potter - confirmed entrapment
5/11 Right side TG - Dr. Hibner 2012 Left side TG - Dr. Hibner
Pelvis Stressly

Post by Pelvis Stressly »

nyt wrote:Lernica, your post brought tears to my eyes!
Same! Beautiful & touching story ladies :)
Biker George

Post by Biker George »

Hang in there, Pelvis Stressly. I'm pulling for you.
donstore

Post by donstore »

I am also pulling for you, PS. If you hadn't found Dr. Potter for us, I doubt that I would have convinced my HMO to approve any treatments for me at all. Her report and credentials have been invaluable and your contributions to HOPE are greatly appreciated. Hoping you see some improvement in the days ahead. Thank you.

Don
Mild to moderate PN for 5 plus years, pain controlled by lyrica and opiates.
Nerve block (unguided) 9/10 Dr. Jerome Weiss - sciatica for 5 months but got numb in painful perineal/scrotal area - he diagnosed entrapment - but no more cortisone for me
Potter MRI 5/11 - rt STL entrapment of PN at Alcocks
Consult with Dr. Hibner Feb. 2012
Bilateral inguinal hernias diagnosed by dynamic ultrasound - surgery on 6/20/13
Feeling a little better, a few more months will tell
Pelvis Stressly

Thank you kindly gentlemen!
Violet M

Re: Emotional support

Post by Violet M »

Lernica wrote:Ditto your comments, PS. Here's where I'd like to post about a lovely incident involving Fall Girl and me.

Fall Girl happens to live in a town where the train from Toronto to Cornwall stops. Before my last trip to Cornwall, she told me to watch the train platform in her town carefully. When I did, there she was, shivering in the winter weather, and holding up a "HOPE" sign! We waved to each other through the window, gave each other "thumbs up" signs and air hugs, and shed a few tears. It was very emotional. Amazing how the internet can bring people together from all around the world. How could we have managed without it?
This is so much better than any movie. You are all making me cry but it's a happy kind of crying.

I'm pulling for you too, P.S.
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.
Pelvis Stressly

Violet M wrote:I'm pulling for you too, P.S.
You don't even have to tell me that Violet, I already know! You've been pulling for me ever since I first showed up on pudendal.info years ago & you took the time to answer every single newbie question I had (& there were a lot of them!). Just like you do for everyone who manages to find their way here, desperate & looking for help. Thanks for always being available lady :)
Lernica

Post by Lernica »

Amen to that, PelvisStressly! Thank you, Violet, for hanging in for us for so long and providing us with your wisdom and grace.
Athlete until pain started in 2001. Diagnosed with PN in Nov. 2010. Probable cause: 3 difficult labors, 5 pelvic surgeries for endometriosis, and undiagnosed hip injuries. 60% better after 3 rounds of shockwave therapy in Cornwall, Ontario (Dec - Feb/12). 99% better after bilateral hip scopes for FAI and labral tears (April and July/12). Pelvic pain life coach Lorraine Faendrich helped me overcome the mind/body connection to chronic pain: http://www.radiantlifedesign.com
Violet M

Post by Violet M »

You're welcome -- it's the least I can do. Just want you all to get well ;) and to at least know someone cares about you as you are going through this horrendous illness.
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.

Return to “SURGERY”