Gliding exercises

Accupuncture, Reiki, Cognitive Behavourial Therapy, Prolotheraphy, Radio Frequency, Hypnotherapy, Osteopathy and many more.
river133

Re: Gliding exercises

Post by river133 »

I will be having my surgery a week from tomorrow.. Jan.5 The information sheet he gave me states that I will be doing the gliding exercises for two years... VIolet I like your explanation of
this as I did not know what it meant.. I will be finding our next week after surgery.... I will pray for all of you if you pray for me.. :D ... Best to all of you Ellie
Surgery Jan.05 2011 TG with Dr Antalok. Dr.Chambi May of 2012 showed injury from a fall on back, 11 years ago. My piriformis muscle caused a large amount of fibrosis .My sciatic nerve was growing through the piriformis muscle which caused a bifid p.muscle. . Dr Chambi decompressed the sciatic,pudendal,pfcn ,and peroneal nerves. I hope to have a nuerostimulator put in to help with the sciatic pain that never goes away. Most days are better with the pudendal if I do not sit at all.
Violet M

Post by Violet M »

Best wishes Ellie -- our prayers are with you and we hope to hear some good news back. ;)
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.
kia kaha

Post by kia kaha »

Violet M wrote: I think that from a lying down position you bend your leg at the hip and knee so that your hip is flexed and then rotate your hip so that your knee and leg go away from the center of your body and then back the other way toward the center of your body. Isn't that what it sounds like?
this is EXACTLY the movement that causes me great sharp pain on both sides.
Would this mean my PN nerve is not gliding?
does this affect, or is affected directly by the PN nerve?
Chronic Pain pudendal area for 3 years, after a hard jolt to right side.
18 months later discovered sprained/fused sacro-illiac injury. Told to 'live with it' then saw this forum October 2011 = symptoms matched. Attempting to get this investigated in the face of lack of skilled docs in New Zealand.
Been told I have IC Dec 2011
FINALLY - 3T MRI in Christchurch 5th May 2012 - Pudendal nerve block, unguided 8th June 2012 - still waiting on results and progress from these.
Violet M

Post by Violet M »

My understanding is that gliding exercises are recommended after PNE surgery -- I think if it causes you pain you want to avoid it because if the nerve is entrapped it's not going to glide easily and you could be causing a stretch injury.
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.

Return to “OTHER THERAPIES”