vitamin tablets..

Many physical activites such as sports, pelvic surgery, etc can all contribute to PN
candice-marie88

vitamin tablets..

Post by candice-marie88 »

I was just wondering if vitamin tablets help nerves to heal faster? I read somewhere that Vit B is supposed to be helpful.

Does anyone take these and are they okay to use when on other medication?
Violet M

Re: vitamin tablets..

Post by Violet M »

Candice, I never noticed any difference from taking vitamin B. If you have a nerve entrapment, vitamins are not going to help release the nerve. You can ask your pharmacist if vitamins will interfere with your medications. They are the experts on this subject. Good luck.

Violet
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.
Amanda

Post by Amanda »

Candice

As Violet has already said its not known which vitamins help nerves heal however it well know that certain vitamins can help with nerve problems.
I take Magnesium and Vit B12, along with Zinc Selenium and Vitamin c most days. To help with energy levels I take Co Enzyme Q 10.
I do eat well with plenty of fruit and veg so overall I hope that this balance of good vitamins is what helps me get through tough times. I do notice if I stop taking these vitamins for a week or so that my pain levels are much higher.
PNE started 2003 following Vaginal Hysterectomy, pelvic floor repair and right oophorectomy; eventually after many tests had BilateralTG surgery Nantes 2004; following this tried many other treatments including 7 day epidural, ketamin infusions to no avail; Trialed and was implanted with a Neurostimulator in 2007- Dr Van Buyten Belgium, this has enabled me to manage my pain much better.
RachelJ

Post by RachelJ »

I've been taking a multivitamin and while I do notice differences in my energy level and other aspects, I don't think it is helping with my nerves. Although, perhaps it is helping in not making it worse. I do believe that making sure you get all your vitamins from either supplements or from your diet can help with your health. I would be curious to see if a nutritionist or a doctor knows of any vitamins or herbal medicines that may help nerves to heal.
Rachel - diagnosed in 2010 possibly as a result of labor, looking for short term medical insurance Texas that will cover me

Return to “CAUSES & EFFECTS OF PUDENDAL NEURALGIA”